Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Changing the "From" name on email.

10 years 10 months ago #14333 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Good Morning,

I am hoping you can help me and I hope im not being too stupid :)

I am using Contact Enhanced on our companys site and am having a slight issue.

When using the contact form and you click "Send a copy to your email" I want to be able to change the "From" when someone recieves the email.

For example. When I send a test message and then send it to my email address it comes up saying from "myusername".

How do i change this to from "My Companys Website"

I had a look in the settings but couldn't see where to change this.

I hope you can help.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #14336 by douglas
Dear NEO-BAHAMUT-,

Contact Enhanced will get the Contact information (name and email) to send the copy email message.

What you can do is open the file below:
/components/com_contactenhanced/controllers/contact.php
Find:
$mail->setSender(array($app->getCfg('mailfrom'), $this->emailInfo->name.$surname));

and replace with:
$mail->setSender(array($app->getCfg('mailfrom'), $app->getCfg('fromname')));

Then go to Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on the Options button in the toolbar and under the "Contact Form" tab set Email Sender to "Use Global".

Best regards,

10 years 10 months ago #14382 by webdevtim
I want the 'from:' field to show 'from: otpteam@ae911truth.org' instead it shows 'from: ae_forms@ae911truth.org'; 'reply to: ae_forms@ae911truth.org'. There is a user alias 'ae911truth', there is not a user alias ae_forms.

I have Email Sender set to 'Use Global" in parameters.

I have made the edit to controller.php as you advise here.

I have Show Email set to Hide.

I'm not sure where ae_forms@ae911truth.org is coming from because I have no user name defined like that.

How do I get a particular form to display the contact for a particular form.

Thank in advance Doug.

10 years 10 months ago #14383 by douglas
Dear Webdevtim,

When you set Email Sender set 'Use Global", Contact Enhanced will use your the Sender email in your Joomla Global Configuration. If you set to "Contact", it will use CE Contact's email address as the FROM email address.

Best regards,

10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #14384 by webdevtim
Either way, Email Sender: Contact, Email Sender: Use Global, I get this:

From: "AE911Truth Contact Form" AE_Forms(at)ae911truth(dot)org>
To: tmichel(at)ae911truth(dot)org
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 8:35:35 PM
Subject: Copy of: Create a ReThink911 Team for me

I want this, this would be the copy email:

To: tmichel(at)ae911truth(dot)org
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2013 8:35:35 PM
Subject: Copy of: Create a ReThink911 Team for me

Rethink911 Team is both the Joomla user/contact and the Contact for this form. I remember changing the initiliazation files at one time because of this issue and I may have used "AE911Truth Contact Form" <AE_Forms(at)ae911truth(dot)org>" so that we got something that represented who we are, but that should just be the default that is used when on contact is specified.

10 years 10 months ago #14385 by douglas
Dear webdevtim,

If you have hacked (changed) the files, it is harder for me to provide a fix.

Are you using the latest CE and Joomla versions?
Can you please upgrade? This will override all your changes, then if the problem persists, please create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look.

PS: In order to avoid spambots harvesting your email address, I recommend to remove your email addresses in this post.

Best wishes,

10 years 10 months ago #14395 by webdevtim
I have had to change some of the .ini files because the spam response messages were unacceptable. I will uploads the latest version and see if that solves the problem for me. If it does, then I will edit the spam messages and see if that breaks the fix. I understand that there are dependencies that are critical when writing functions for other parts of the model, view, controller, of the component, modules and plugins. I try not to disturb anything except for the text messages as they aren't usually part of the program flow, or at least they shouldn't be, unless you are counting characters somewhere as a security precaution.

10 years 10 months ago #14396 by douglas
Dear Tim,

Nope, changes to the language (.ini) files should not interfere in the workflow.

Are you using the latest CE and Joomla versions?
Can you please upgrade? This will override all your changes, then if the problem persists, please create a full backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look.

Best regards,

10 years 10 months ago #14397 by webdevtim
That was fast, Yes I will upgrade. And thanks for the heads up on the email address exposure. I was not feeling well and really tired. I edited those so they aren't in the form email-name@domain-name.tld

Looks like from your picture that you like sailing>

10 years 10 months ago #14398 by douglas
Dear webdevtim,

Ok. Let me know if the problem persists.

Do not forget to create a full backup before the upgrade for safety reasons.

PS: I have never sailed in my life.

Best regards,

10 years 10 months ago #14407 by webdevtim
OK, Thanks Doug. I have sailed a couple of times on a 35 foot Morgan. Love dipping my head in the water when we came about.

I'll make the backup, install the latest, test it out, go back in change the failure messages to something I like, test it again, and If all is good, I will let you know.