Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

DE Feedback - Replicate?

10 years 11 months ago #14334 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Hi guys,

I've just bought CE Feedback as it looks like it could be the perfect addon for our site.

I am having a little trouble setting it up. I would like to set it up so that it replicates pretty much the exact same as you have on your site.

I have had a quick go at this but I'm having no luck.

If you could tell me how to replicate your setup that would be brilliant!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #14335 by douglas
Dear NEO-BAHAMUT-,

Do you have the latest Contact Enhanced version? CE Feedback requires CE in order to work.

Once installed, you just have to go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, edit the the plugin options according to your needs, enabled and choose a Contact Enhanced Contact to send the email to.

Best regards,

10 years 11 months ago #14344 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Good Morning,

I have the latest version of both packages. If you check the screen shots attached you will see that when I click feedback on the right hand side of this screen you get a "popup" feedback box. Which is what I want.

If I click the feedback button on my site it just takes me to a contact.

How have you done this?

If you would like to check for yourself then please check this link

I hope you can help.
Attachments:

10 years 11 months ago #14345 by douglas
Dear NEO-BAHAMUT-,

I see what you mean.

Here is how I configure the Feedback contact:
1- Create a Category called Feedback;
2- Create a Contact called Feedback (or whatever you want), just don't add any contact information besides the email you wan to receive the Feedback form;
3- Create the Custom Fields for this Feedback category. Make sure your other fields are assigned to a specific category instead of to All Categories.
4- In the Feedback plugin options choose this new contact you've created and you will be done. ;-)

All the best,

10 years 11 months ago #14347 by NEO-BAHAMUT-
Lovely that worked fine.

Thanks alot mate! Also how did you create the text above the form that says

*Fields marked with * are required
Your opinion is important to us. Please write your feedback as detailed as possible. This form is loaded using the Feedback plugin for Contact Enhanced.*

I would like to add something like that above the form.

Thanks

10 years 11 months ago #14348 by douglas
Dear Neo,

I'm glad it is working! ;-)

I've used the FreeText Custom Field type. Please read this article:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...cumentation.html#article-id-66

Best regards,