Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Feedback Button doesn't load modal window

10 years 3 months ago #16374 by RomeoAlaviKia
Hi,
after installing contact enhanced 3.2 Beta with joomla 3.2 clicking the feedback button doesn#t load a modal window.
To be seen under integratives-stimmtraining.com
Thanks for help,
Romeo

Romeo Alavi Kia
-
to be found at integratives-stimmtraining.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #16377 by douglas
Dear Romeo,

That's strange! When I load on a different template it works:
integratives-stimmtraining.com/index.php/en/?template=protostar
It also works in other pages:
integratives-stimmtraining.com/index.php/en/contacts

I'm not yet sure what is causing this. Do you have any idea why it won't work with your template OR other extensions on that page?

Best regards,

10 years 3 months ago #16426 by RomeoAlaviKia
Hi Douglas,
again issues with the feedback form. It not possible to change the height of the modal window. I tried changing it to 700 but no changements are displayed.
Coul you please help again?

some more information: I installed the plg_system_cefeedback_3.2__BETA_4 because the plg_system_cefeedback did not give the possibility of changing size and filled up the whole window of the monitor. Above that the feedback label which was supposed to stick on the right side just glued in the middle of the screen. So I prefered the Beta-Version.
Nevertheless I'm not lucky with it.

Regards,
Romeo

PS. Joomla 3.2.1
integratives-stimmtraining.com

Romeo Alavi Kia
-

10 years 3 months ago #16432 by douglas
Dear Romeo,

I have checked and there is a javascript error when the Feedback button is clicked on your site.

It seems to be missing the Bootstrap javascript file. Do you have any idea why it Bootstrap is not loading in your template?

It loads correctly in Protostar:
integratives-stimmtraining.com/index.php/en/?template=protostar

I have doubled checked CE Feedback plugin and Bootstrap is called and should be loaded.

Best regards,

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #16434 by RomeoAlaviKia
Hi Douglas,
that is strange because it used to work days ago. And the Recommend us modal shows up perfectly. So far no idea... also the protostar template does not show perfect height.
Regards,
Romeo

Romeo Alavi Kia
-

10 years 3 months ago #16438 by douglas
Dear Romeo,

In your template I'm not getting a modal window at all.
if it used to work (using this CE version), then it is probably something you have changed OR installed.
Did you install any new extension since then? There are some plugins that promise to make the page load faster, but remove important javascript files, that's why I'm asking this.

iRecommend tab plugin is still using MooTools and Contact Enhanced Feedback plugin is using Bootstrap, which is now included in Joomla, therefore the modal windows look a bit different. With Bootstrap the Modal window tries to adjust automatically to browser sizes, specially on smaller screens (mobile).

Best regards,

10 years 3 months ago #16441 by RomeoAlaviKia
Hi Douglas,
irecommend, contactenhanced and the feedback plugin were the last things I installed. Hm.. I really dont know what to do. When I reinstall the plg_system_cefeedback over the Beta-Version I'm afraid the feedback label sticks right in the middle of the screen again.
If there is no other way I will deactivate the plugin.
Thanks and regards,
Romeo

Romeo Alavi Kia
-

10 years 3 months ago #16442 by douglas
Dear Romeo,

Please disable the plugin for now. I'm working on CE 3.2 RC and it should be ready in a couple of weeks.
Once it is released, please upgrade it and let me know if the problem persists.

In order to be notified of new versions, please like our page on Facebook or subscribe to the newsletter.

Best regards and thanks for understanding.

10 years 3 months ago #16449 by RomeoAlaviKia
Dear Douglas,
thanks for reply. Plugin is disabled and I'm looking forward for the next release hoping the issue will be solved.
Regards,
Romeo

Romeo Alavi Kia
-