Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Error: Category Not Found...on some.

9 years 6 months ago #17919 by imranj
Running Joomla 3.3.3. and ContactEnhanced 3.3.1, I imported all on my contacts and categories form the core Joomla contact component. The problem is only 2 of the 5 categories want to work when I set list contacts in a category at the menu level. I get Error: Category not found on the others, when the category is there.

Any advise? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #17920 by douglas
Dear imranj,

That's odd...
I'm not sure what is causing this problem, but can you please check if all categories have access set to Public?

If the problem persists, can you please create a full backup and provide Super Administrator access, so I can take a closer look? You can use the Support -> Contact Form to send the credentials to me.

Best wishes,

9 years 6 months ago #17938 by imranj
They are set to public. I am sending you credentials now.

9 years 6 months ago #17939 by douglas
Dear imranj,

When I try to log in (back-end), I'm redirected to the front-end.

Best regards,

9 years 6 months ago #17940 by imranj
For security purposes, we've modified the admin URL slightly. It should have been in the credentials I sent over earlier. I'll send it again.

9 years 6 months ago #17941 by imranj
I apologize as I may not have actually "Sent" the original support form! But I sent it again - confirmed.

9 years 6 months ago #17942 by douglas
Dear imranj,

That's odd... I have not received it.

Can you please send it again using the Support -> Contact Form?

Best regards,

9 years 6 months ago #17945 by imranj
You mean Support>Email Support Questions correct? That is where I submitted it. I'll send again.

9 years 6 months ago #17947 by douglas
Dear imranj,

It's fixed! ;-)

I'm not sure why, but there was a problem with the Problem with the parent category. In order to fix it I have switched the parent and then set to No Parent again;

Best regards,

9 years 6 months ago #17950 by imranj
Thanks for the quick response, Douglas, but unfortunately I am not seeing it work on the front end. See here: chicagowolves.com/team/ownership
I have set that menu item to list contact in a category, but now all I see is a blank page. Not even an error message.

these pages work fine and look great:
chicagowolves.com/team/front-office
chicagowolves.com/team/broadcast-team
Attachments:

9 years 6 months ago #17952 by douglas
Dear imranj,

In Contact Enhanced a Contact must either have an email OR be linked to an user;

It's working now. I had to rebuild the category tree (button in the toolbar).

Best regards,

9 years 6 months ago #17953 by imranj
Got it! Thank you for all your support!