Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

[SOLVED] Plugin not functioning

14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #1419 by wilson1973
Hi,

Just purchased the contact enhanced plugin.

I've enabled it in plugins. Not changed any settings in the plugin itself.

I've called {loadcontact 1} which is my contact ID in the content item. I open my content item and the content item only shows {contact 1} in it.

I thought it may be an editor thing, so switched off editors and tried again, but this does not work.

Joomla 1.5.14 native.
Contact enhanced 1.5.4.3
plugin 1.5.0

I created a menu link to that user ID and the contact form shows.

See results here:

Contact via plugin (not working):
xxx

Contact via menu item (working):
xxx

any ideas ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #1420 by douglas
Dear Lee,

That's odd.
Can you please test whether any other content plugin is working?

Regards,

14 years 5 months ago #1421 by wilson1973
Hi,

Sorry should have mentioned, I have a yootooltip content plugin that is working ok.

14 years 5 months ago #1422 by douglas
It is acting like the plugin is disabled.

Can you provide an administrator login so I can take a look?

Regards,

14 years 5 months ago #1423 by wilson1973
Not a problem... have set one up, but cannot see a PM function here... can you give me an email and I'll email it now...

Thanks

14 years 5 months ago #1424 by douglas
Please use the contact form.

14 years 5 months ago #1425 by wilson1973
details sent.

Thanks

14 years 5 months ago #1426 by douglas
Dear Lee,

I just logged int and tested it. It seems that the Regular Expression is not getting the tag unless there is a content before it. Therefore I've entered a blank space and now it is working.

Best regards,

14 years 5 months ago #1427 by wilson1973
Douglas thanks...

I was goign to add in content anyway, but want ed to test first !

DOH !

Anyway all is good, thanks for looking.

14 years 2 months ago #1951 by Kalkas
In Usage Instruction it is said:

"Usage Instructions

In order to use the plugin you have to enable it in the backend, create a contact using Contact Enhanced Component and insert the following code in your content:
{loadcontact 1} for the contact id=1"

I have created a contact using Contact Enhanced Component, but I am not sure how to insert the code in my content. I am pretty new to joomla.

Kind regards,
Alex

14 years 2 months ago #1953 by douglas
Dear Alex,

First of all I want to apologize for the delay.

Well, in order to insert it in a content you have to install the component and the plugin. Did you?

If you want to show in the component area (which I believe it is the case), all you have to do is create a menu item for it. Go to Menus -> [Name of the menu] (usually mainmenu) and select Contacts (second option) or Contact Enhanced, depends of which verrsion you are running;

For more info, please read:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla/contac...ct-enhanced-documentation.html

If you have any further question, do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #1967 by Kalkas
I have installed both the component and plugin. The component is seen in the Component menu, and the plugin is listed in the plugin list. But I do not see how is plugin working. What is it supposed to do?

The point is that I do not understand the usage instructions:

"In order to use the plugin you have to enable it in the backend, create a contact using Contact Enhanced Component and insert the following code in your content:
{loadcontact 1} for the contact id=1"

I have created a contact using Contact Enhanced Component, but how do I insert the code? As I said, I am quite new to Joomla.

Kind reagrds,
Alex