Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

SOLVED:iRecommend Component and Plugin: email page link bug!

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #3587 by averan
#1 - please make a forum for the iRecommend component and plugin.
#2 - i seem to have found a bug, where the current page url is not sent in the recommend email. instead, it only sends the IP address of the site.

you can see it temporarily live here:
www.greengorillamedia.com/contact-us

i've also tested this on another site/server.

how can i get this component and plugin to correctly display the current page/url that a user is visiting when they click the link?

note that i need to be able to display the plugin link in a module position. i call out the plugin in an article, then load that article into a module to display the link.

please help soon!
thank you,
-Averan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #3588 by douglas
Dear Averan,

1- Forum created ;-)
2- The extension was meant to work with content items, therefore it is not displaying correctly the URL.

I'll change this for you, so it will work in all webpages.

Kind regards,

11 years 9 months ago #3589 by averan
just confirmed that it does work correctly when called out inside articles, but not when loaded inside a module. even when the module is supposed to be able to load content + plugins. i've tried it with both mod_plugin_module and mod_customcontent.

i've tested other 'recommend' modules and know that the code for picking up the current url is pretty simple. hopefully you can find a way to make this work for me.
thanks!!!

11 years 9 months ago #3590 by douglas
Dear Averan,

I've just sent you a new version by email.

To get the last URL is indeed something simple, however iRecommend was designed to work with Joomla Content Articles and did not get the last URL, but built the Content URL from the content id;

Although it seems something simple I had to change the logic of iRecommend and it took me 3 hours of development and testing.

I also created a new module for you, which will install automatically.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincere regards,

11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3591 by averan
You are amazing!
You should release this as an update...I think a lot of people will really appreciate the added power you have given it. Now I can display this link anywhere I want and have total control over its style and design. All anyone has to do is install a module that can load plugins. eg: 'mod_plugin_module' & 'mod_customcontent'

I only really wanted a module, but your AjaxRecommend doesn't offer the ability to work as a popup link. This is a great solution!

Thank you again for your work!
I will certainly post a shining review on Joomla.org. =)

regards,
-Averan

11 years 9 months ago #3592 by douglas
Dear Averan,

I might create another module on the future to display the form in a module instead of just a link, but I have have some other priorities right now.

Thanks for the review.

Best regards,

11 years 8 months ago #3746 by averan
having an issue with SEF turned ON.
getting an extra "/" in the url after "irecommend" which is breaking functionality.
eg:
www.fac.consciousdev.com/compo...en+Performances&tmpl=component

have searched line by line through all the related files and can't find where this extra forward slash might be inserted. do you have any ideas?

thanks!

11 years 8 months ago #3747 by douglas
Dear averan,

I've just accessed and submitted the form and it is working correctly.
The URL also looks fine for me.

This page is loaded in a Modal window and there is no reason why it should be indexed by Search Engines, therefore I didn't bother to write a router.

Regards,

11 years 8 months ago #3748 by averan
well, when i have sef ON, i get a weird msg at the top of the imodal, 'you must log in first'. and when sef = 0 i don't see any weird trailing slashes in the popup link.
??

11 years 8 months ago #3749 by averan
is there any way to remove that #system-message container entirely?
i can't find where/how it's being generated. it seems that with sef ON irecommend has issues with userid even when the module/component/form is set to public.
i tried some tricky css to set visibility to hidden, but that dang message still creates some extra height above the form.

11 years 8 months ago #3760 by douglas
Dear Averan,

I've changed iRecommend so you can choose to either use SEF or non SEF URLs for the iRecommend form link.
I've sent a new package for you;

In order to remove the message you just have to use the HTML templates. The usage is very similar to Contact Enhanced:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...l/75-html-template-system.html

I didn't understand exactly what is the problem with the userid.

Sincere regards,

11 years 8 months ago #3765 by averan
Thanks for your efforts. I appreciate your dedication. =)

However, the sef 'fix' did not solve my problem. The link that the plugin generates still looks the same and still has that unnecessary "/" that is causing me trouble. Where in your code is the first part of the irecommend link generated? I looked around but could not find any extra forward slashes being created in front of the "?" that starts the appended url. I think that forward slash is what is confusing the system and causing it to give me "Message You must log in first". This message only comes up the first time I click the link. If I click it a second time the message is gone.

The form that appears in the popup is not affected by the 'email' or 'thank you page' templates. And the message is actually inserted into the body of the popup before the form is loaded.

Thanks again for your amazing help! =)
-Averan