Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

_404_ page error when clicking on iRecommend right position

11 years 2 months ago #4332 by r2bmanagement
Hi,
I've set up a Recommend menu item (left main menu) which works upon clicking. I've also set up the iRecommend with a button in the right position however upon clicking I'm getting a _404_ page error. Any ideas what is not linking? ID? If you could let me know what I've missed it would be much appreciated. The end result I'm trying to achieve is the Recommend in the right position only.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #4334 by douglas
Dear r2bmanagement,

First of all I want to apologize for the delayed reply. I'm a sabbatarian, therefore I don't work on Saturdays (Holy Sabbath);

Can you please post a direct URL so I can take a look at it?

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago #4335 by r2bmanagement
Hi Douglas,

No apology necessary I completely understand and also from my end this is not urgent.
Thank you for getting back to me today.

url is www.r2bmanagement.com.au/

Thank you for your assistance and I hope it's an easy correction.

Kind Regards,
Karolyn

11 years 2 months ago #4336 by r2bmanagement
Hi Douglas,

Could you also please click on the feedback. I was hoping that once I got the Recommend working that the feedback may also work.

Thanks again,

Karolyn

11 years 2 months ago #4337 by douglas
Dear Karolyn,

That's very odd.

Did you set the iRecommend Plugin Parameter "Use SEF URL for iRecommend" to Yes? If so, can you switch it back to "No"?

Also, Do you have any third party SEF extension installed on your site? Which one?

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago #4338 by r2bmanagement
Hi Douglas,

Thanks for the tip.

I didn't intentionally set the iRecommend Plugin Parameter "Use SEF URL for iRecommend" to Yes? In fact I don't know where that is as I couldn't find it on the parameters within the iRecommend Plugin nor on the iRecommend Component Parameters. I can check if it is set to Yes/No if you could please let me know where to find it.

I have now disenabled sh404sef and now by clicking on Recommend in the right position it is now working. It is taking me to a new blank page, how do I enable a squeezebox like you have on your site?

Also feedback link didn't correct.

Best regards,
Karolyn

11 years 2 months ago #4339 by douglas
Dear Karolyn,

iRecommend Components has one plugin and one module, so in order to change the plugin parameters you have to go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, Search for iRecommend, select and edit it.

By Deafult the iRecommend and Feedback loads on a SqueezeBox window, however some some reason unknow to me your site is loading it's own version of MooTools instead of using the file that comes with Joomla and there are 3 Javascript erros that are preventing the modal windows;
The JS fiel is:
ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/....11/mootools-yui-compressed.js

You can see the errors in Firebug console. If you don't have FireBug I advise you to start using it, because it is very helpful for developers and web designers: getfirebug.com/

Best regards,

11 years 2 months ago #4340 by r2bmanagement
Hi Douglas,

Hmmmm.... :S
Thanks for trying to help me out. Unfortunately I'm not a programmer and I'm a beginner - sorry.

I've looked at the Mootools. I'm running Joomla v 1.5.22 which has a plugin showing System - Mootools Upgrade v 1.2.4. This comes disabled. I have now enabled it and still nothing. I have firebug but to date have only used it for template formatting.

I will keep searching the Joomla forum to see if anthing has been reported about Mootools upgrade v 1.2.4.

If you have any other suggestions they would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Karolyn

11 years 2 months ago #4343 by douglas
Dar Karolyn,

Ok, I'm going to explain to you how it works! ;-)

Contact Enhanced uses MooTools to validate the form, load modal windows and to perform some AJAX calls;

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library and it is loaded by default in Joomla, therefore most extensions use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools that comes with Joomla, however if it does use another library such as JQuery or another MooTools version it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

I just noticed that you not only are loading another MooTools version, but 3 versions of JQuery;

Solution:
JQuery can be used with MooTools, as long as the developer follows JQuery guidelines. You might want to suggest this feature to the template's developer:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries
You probably have a plugin that changes Joomla Mootools for the one hosted at Google;
Also, these module are loading JQuery:
mod_scrolltotop
mod_fpss
mod_swmenufree
and another extension loading JQuery hosted at Google;

Because all of these scripts you are loading 250Kb altogether, which is quite a lot and it decreases performance.

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;
Do not use JQuery in Joomla based websites, this way you will avoid incompatibilities and will load less javascript, therefore your website will load faster.

Best regards.

11 years 2 months ago #4344 by r2bmanagement
Hi Douglas,

:ohmy: Thank you!!!

I can't thank you enough for your advice and the time taken to assist me. I completely understand what you told me. I immediately disabled scrolltotop and instantly the squeezebox now works. Excellent!!!
I prefer to have the Feedback and iRecommend feature over the extensions I have had to disable. I also want a fast loading site and your advice will also help me achieve this.

These extensions are great, well done!!!

Kindest Regards,
Karolyn :cheer: