Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Urgent: Strange reactions

11 years 5 months ago #5197 by chris9044
Hallo Douglas

I just loaded the Component and I discovered some strange things, so I will have to deinstall the module again, if I don't get an answer soon.

After I installed the component I have the "recommend to a friend" Link at places which I don't expect.

First: Even if I deactivate the module, don't assign the module to any Menu and set the module to User-Right "Special" I see this "recommend to a friend" Link at some public pages at the bottom (also if I change to module position to example "breadcrumbs" it's still at the bottom") Have a look to www.spirit.ch/lq-wissen/lq-all...um-lq/86-lebensstandard-und-lq

Also I see the Link in front of some (not all) "Read on" - Links in the Module "Frontend-News" extensions.joomla.org/extensio...news/frontend-news/736/details which you see in the right column

What happened here - please answer fast, otherwise I have to deinstall the component...

Best Regards
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #5199 by douglas
Dear Chris,

iRecommend installs automatically one Content Plugin and one Module.
I believe that you just have to disable the plugin. Go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, search for iRecommend and disable it.

PS: I don't see any purchase for iRecommend under your account.

All the best,

11 years 5 months ago #5201 by chris9044
Thanks - when I disable the plugin, Links are gone - I didn't search there.

But problem is not gone - I only want to show the "Recommend" Link below the articles in some sections, where I want to show the link - and not under the Front-End News in front of the "read on" links there.

I tried now several times but best result is the actual result you see under www.spirit.ch/fragen/48-aktuel...reif-ist-die-schweizer-politik - I cant hide the "Recommend" Link in the right column - but maybe I got a bit confused..

Also, in some pages the "recommend " Link is shown and in other sections not and it doesn't fit at all with settings in iRecommend Module and iRecommend Plug-In. And I don't get the rules when it's shown and when not...

P.S I purchased IRecommend at 16.15 (our time) with payPal and I got the E-Mail with the attachement

Best Regards
Chris

11 years 5 months ago #5204 by douglas
Dear Chris,

If you want to display only at the end of some content items (articles) I suggest you to disable the module and enable the plugin using this configuration:
Parsing Method= Add to all articles
Enable to= Full article view
Avoid Sections= Select the sections that you do not want to display the link;
Avoid Articles= Enter Article IDs separated by commas.

Clear your Joomla and browser's cache and load your page again.

Sincerely,

11 years 5 months ago #5207 by chris9044
Hallo Douglas

I did exactly as you told including clearing the cache of Joomla and browser - but "Recommend" links in right module position stay teh same - have a look at www.spirit.ch/mitwirkung

Best Regards
Cgris

11 years 5 months ago #5208 by douglas
Dear Chris,

The Joomla framework is the one who controls the modules. If it is still displaying it is because it is enabled. That's the only thing that I can think of right now.

Can you please double check?

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago #5211 by chris9044
Dear Douglas

What can I do there? I don't know anything what you means with this...

Best regards
Chris

11 years 5 months ago #5213 by douglas
Dear Daniel,

You just have to disable it.

Regards,

11 years 5 months ago #5214 by chris9044
Sorry, maybe I'am a bit complicated? Where exactly can I disable the Joomla framework?

I also didn't found anything in Google about that. I tried now to deinstall the module iRecommend but it stays the same

;-) thanks for your great support!
Chris

11 years 5 months ago #5215 by douglas
Dear Chris,

What I meant is that the Joomla (framework) is the one who controls the module's state (publish and unpublished).
To unpublish (disable) the module you have to go to Extensions -> Module Manager, search and select iRecommend, then disable it.

Once it is disabled it should not be displayed anymore.

If you cannot disable it, please provide an administrator account so I can do this for you.

Sincerely,

11 years 5 months ago #5218 by chris9044
I already disabled the module there - and it still was showing in the right column - then I even deinstalled the Module iRecommend - and it still shows it at the right column...

I open you an administrator account, what Mailadress do you have, so I can send you the password secretly

Thanks!
Chris

11 years 5 months ago #5219 by douglas
Dear Chris,

You can reply to this forum post notification or send an email using the Support -> Form.

Best wishes,