Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Name meaning extension for joomla 2.5

11 years 5 months ago #12786 by havin
Dear Douglas,

I've installed joomla and name extension with default settings again, but same result. Activated Name Meaning Alpha Links modul returns 404 error.
Everything else works without problems!

I use the Kubuntu 12.04
PHP-Version 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.4
Joomla!-Version Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #12789 by douglas
Dear Havin,

Did you uninstall Name Meaning?

If you only install it over the previous installation, it will not overwrite the database tables;

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago #12810 by havin
Hi Douglas,
I installed it completely new, with new Database and latest Joomla Version.

11 years 5 months ago #12811 by douglas
Dear havin,

I have just tested Name Meaning with Joomla core SEF setting and it is working correctly. Are you using "URL rewriting", if so please make sure you have mod_rewrite enable; Did you rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess ?

I'm not sure if Apache comes with this module enabled;

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #12812 by havin
yes sef works with name meaning extension. htaccess is renamed and mod_rewrite is on! as i mentioned before, it doesn't work only with "alpha link module"

11 years 5 months ago #12813 by douglas
Dear Havin,

That's odd. I have tested the Alpha links too and it worked correctly.

Can you please set Error Reporting to Maximum in Joomla Global Configuration and let me know if there is any other error?

If there is none, can you test on a live server so I can take a look?

Best regards,

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #12819 by havin
ok I uploaded all to a live server. You've got an Email

11 years 5 months ago #12823 by douglas
Dear Havin,

I have sent the fix to your email. This will be included in the next version;

All the best,

11 years 5 months ago #12827 by havin
hey it works very well. thank you very much douglas