Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

iFAQ Search Results Showing up on home page

9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #18698 by ACIAcct2012
I am sure I am doing something wrong here, but if somebody could point me in the right direction....

Using Joomla's search component, if i key in a term that is in the FAQ's - it shows up in the search results; but if I click the link it displays in the search results it takes me to the home page with that single FAQ question displayed in the body - instead of showing it on the FAQ page.

This is the kind of link the search results displays: www.example.com/8-frequently-a...ns/22-do-you-take-credit-cards (not the site, just an example)

Clicking on a faq link like that for some reason lands you on the home page with that single question displayed in the body (not normally there).

Joomla's search results for anything else, takes the visitor to the exact page where the term is found. But not with iFAQ for some reason.

What have I done wrong?

How can I configure it so that it takes the visitor to the FAQ page with the proper question displayed.

Chris

Centos v6.6
Joomla v3.3.6
PHP v5.4.37
CE Pro v3.3.6
iFAQ v3.3.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 months ago #18710 by douglas
Dear ACIAcct2012,

I have been trying to reproduce this problem locally, however it always works correctly for me.

A suggestion is to create a Hidden Menu Type, then create an Articles → Category menu item for each category.
In the backend of Joomla! use either Menus → Menu Manager → New Menu[\i], Create a new menu type, set the name to something like "Hidden Content Categories;
Then go to Menus → [Hidden Content Categories] → Add New Menu item[\i] and create a new menu item for each category.

This might fix this problem, if it doesn't fix, it will at least generate better looking and SEO/SEF improved URLs. ;-)

Let me know if the problem persists, so I can take a closer look at this issue;

Best regards,

9 years 2 months ago #18718 by ACIAcct2012
I only have one category called FAQ and it is already publicly linked as a main menu item (not hidden) and clicking on that menu item displays my FAQ's just fine.

However, if you use Joomla's search function, it will pickup the FAQ (or article) but instead of taking you to the FAQ page it show's only that question on the home page.

Duplicating the menu as a "hidden" menu has the same results.

I will open a ticket so I can provide you with more details.

Chris

Centos v6.6
Joomla v3.3.6
PHP v5.4.37
CE Pro v3.3.6
iFAQ v3.3.2

9 years 2 months ago #18720 by douglas
Dear ACIAcct2012,

I'm sorry, I thought you were redirecting to the home page when clicking on the search result.

When you use Joomla core Search that's the expected behavior because iFAQ uses Joomla core articles to display the FAQ. We look at that as a SEO advantage.

If you you can use the iFAQ Search Module, which will display the results in an IFAQ layout. Because the iFAQ works with core Joomla articles you must create a hidden iFAQ Search menu item in order to display the results, then go to the iFAQ Search Menu module and assign the newly created menu (Itemid) to this module.

Best regards,