Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Error: 404 - Category not found

9 years 2 weeks ago #19142 by seaghan
We have a bilingual Joomla 3.4 site with iFAQ installed.

Any of our menu items of type iFaq category, return "Error: 404 - Category not found" on the front-end.

Any ideas on what the issue could be?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #19143 by douglas
Dear seaghan,

This usually happens if the category linked to the iFAQ menu item is set to a different language then the current site language.

Best regards,

9 years 2 weeks ago #19145 by seaghan
Hi Douglas,

We have checked that this is not the case, language is set to English and the menu item and category being linked to are both set to English also.

Thank you

9 years 2 weeks ago #19146 by douglas
Dear seaghan,

I've been trying to reproduce the problem locally, but it always works in my test server.
Please create a full backup and provide Administrator access, so I can take a closer look. You can send the log in details using the Support -> Contact Form or just reply to this forum post notification email.

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21386 by carla
Could you report the fix? I have the same issue. When placing the iFaq module on the homepage, I get a 404 error on the homepage. No problems when I unpublish the module. Any ideas on the solution?

7 years 11 months ago #21387 by support
Dear Carla,

Are you using the latest version?
Did you configure the module in order to display a category? Is the category enabled it's Access level set to Public?

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago #21388 by carla
Dear support,

It's yes to all of the above.

7 years 11 months ago #21389 by support
Dear Carla,

Are you using the Category or the Categories view / Menu item?

Can you please create a full backup and provide administrator account, so I can take a closer look? You can send the account credentials to us using the Support -> Contact form.

Best regards,

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #21391 by carla
I am not using a menu item. As I said, I am simply placing the module (category view) on the homepage. That's it. We are currently developing and working on the website which has to go live tonight. So a full backup and waiting for you to fix the problem is not an option.

I have the module on different places on the website with no problems at all, but on the homepage the page is thrown. Can it have something to do with the fact that the homepage shows only the special articles? Which is kind of normal so that would be strange.

7 years 11 months ago #21392 by carla
Sorry wrong screenshot, could you remove the previous one?
Attachments:

7 years 11 months ago #21393 by support
Dear Carla,

I couldn't reproduce this issue locally.

I'll create a new package with a few changes and will send it to you in a couple of minutes. Then let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards