Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Module doesn't show up

9 years 1 week ago #19230 by Sandra
Hi there,

I try to show iFAQ in a module position on a landingpage with some question user might ask before subscribing.

I only want to show it up there.

I created a menu item called "faq" with the articles I want to show up. Menu item is allocated to the landingpage.

Then I created a module "faq" but don't find any possibility to link this module to this menu item.

When chosing just the module position it doesn't show anything. Looking in the parameters of the menu item I can see that module is not assigned to this menu item.

I obviously have an error in my reasoning can you please help me out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 1 week ago #19231 by douglas
Dear Sandra,

iFAQ module -> Menu assignment works just like any other Joomla module. First you have to have created a category and have added articled to this category. The article title will represent the question and the article content will represent the answer. The next step is to go to Extensions -> Menu Manager, create a new iFAQ Module OR edit an existing one, set the Position to a position visible in your Main Main template, Make sure the module is published and under the Menu Assignment tab set Only selected pages and select your Home menu item.
You don't need to create an iFAQ menu item type first.

If the problem persists, please let me know which Joomla and iFAQ versions are you using? Also, please make sure to use the latest versions.

Best regards,

9 years 1 week ago - 9 years 1 week ago #19232 by Sandra
Hi Douglas,

this is exactly what I expected but I can't see any possibility to assign the module to the menu where I want to show the module.

I downloaded and updated the extension twice because I thought something is missed. May be it is. Please see screenshot attached. This is what I see when I open the iFAQ module I created. No Tab to assign anywhere.
Attachments:

9 years 1 week ago #19233 by douglas
Dear Sandra,

Which Joomla version are you using?
Please upload the XML file attached to the location below, this changed XML file might solve this issue:
/modules/mod_ifaq/mod_ifaq.xml

Best regards,

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

9 years 1 week ago #19234 by Sandra
Hi Douglas,

unfortunately it doesn't work either. I now got an error 500.

I use joomla 3.4.1

9 years 1 week ago #19235 by douglas
Dear Sandra,

Unfortunately the forum doesn't work well with the XML file attachments. I'll send the file to your email address.

Best regards,

9 years 1 week ago #19236 by Sandra
Thanks a lot! This works perfectly.

Have a great weekend!

8 years 11 months ago #19349 by rgreen
I'm having the same issue. Downloaded and installed the extension and the modules have no way to assign to a menu. I'm using Joomla 3.4.1

You need to update your extension. This is not good. Please send the xml file to me as well.
Thanks

rg

8 years 11 months ago #19359 by douglas
Dear RG,

I'm sorry about this issue.

I have released a new version with this fix.

Have a great and blessed week,

8 years 11 months ago #19362 by rgreen
Thanks. For the record Douglas emailed me early Sunday morning and send me via email the corrected xml. Great help. thanks...