Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Errors when using re: Undefined properties

14 years 11 months ago #139 by carlos
Apologies if this is not the right place for support queries.

I have just installed MooFAQ (on my local test site). I see the questions and answers but on opening a questions I also see the following inside the answer box:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$afterDisplayTitle in C:\websites\webcandy\components\com_moofaq\views\category\tmpl\default_item.php on line 14

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$beforeDisplayContent in C:\websites\webcandy\components\com_moofaq\views\category\tmpl\default_item.php on line 16

The answer here then

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$afterDisplayContent in C:\websites\webcandy\components\com_moofaq\views\category\tmpl\default_item.php on line 88

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Carlos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #140 by douglas
Dear Carlos,

Notices are not really erros. Please read this FAQ item:
ideal.fok.com.br/faq/contact-e...off-notices-in-joomla-1.5.html

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #141 by carlos
Thanks for the quick response. I have turned off notices and now I don't get the warnings, however it still does not work as I would expect.

There are two problems with it. The first relates to the answer text which extends outside of the box on the right hand side.

The second is that when you select the next question down, the text for the previous question disappears leaving a blank space - rather than closing in accordian style manner. (However this only appears to happen on the very first question when using FF, the problem does not happen in IE or Chrome)

You can see the problem here: www.webcandy.biz/index.php/faq

Thanks
Carlos

14 years 11 months ago #142 by douglas
Dear Carlos,

Did you create this template?
If you bought it you can submit a bug and ask the developer to change.
It does not work with Joomla panels, because of the css class .content, that both joomla and your template use;

We have two options:

1. Hack Joomla; However I wouldn't do that;
2. Change two things on your template (index.php and CSS file).

If you created and you have a minimum css knowlegde you can do the following:

1. The first step to do this is make a backup copy of your template;
2. File: index.php: Change your template css class from .content to a unique name like .dm-content-conteiner (only for example);
3. File: template.css: you will have to chabge the lines that follow:
.contentLayout .content
      .contentLayout .content-wide
to
.contentLayout .dm-content-conteiner
      .contentLayout .dm-content-conteiner-wide

Regards,

14 years 11 months ago #143 by carlos
I will try this later today.

The template was created with Artisteer 2.0 ( http://www.artisteer.com ), which I think is getting quite popular. Should I log a problem with them, or is this something which you should fix?

I have also tried MooFAQ with the JA_Purity template and can report that it works as expected.

Thanks again.

14 years 11 months ago #144 by douglas
Please log the problem with them and ask them to create prefixes for all CSS classes, this way Joomla's default css classes will always work.
.content is a css class that Joomla uses when it builds the panels (accordion), so it will have a problem with all Joomla created panels, not just MooFAQ.

Regards,