Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Upgrading to IFAQ from MooFAQ

8 years 1 week ago #21163 by brucedil
I am currently running Joomla 3x and I have the MooFAQ plugin.

1) How do I check to see my current version?
2) How do I upgrade to IFAQ?

Thank you!.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 1 week ago #21165 by support
Dear brucedil,

The "upgrade" is very easy and simple because both iFAQ and MooFAQ uses Joomla content articles.
After iFAQ installation all you have to do is change the MooFAQ menu items to iFAQ.

In order to check the version you are using, go to Extensions -> Manage -> Manage, search for MooFAQ or iFAQ in order to find out which version you are using.

Best regards,

8 years 1 week ago #21166 by brucedil
Attached is my current version information for my site www.Nonprofit-Connection.com . I have another site TrackOurTeam.com which has IFAQ ver 3.3. Both sites belong to me. I noticed my subscription expired. do I need to renew to download IFAQ for nonprofit-connection.com or can I install IFAQ on more than the one site TrackOurTeam.com?

Thanks
Attachments:

8 years 1 week ago #21167 by support
Dear brucedil,

Yes, you can install on more than one site without any extra cost, however support is only linked to one domain.
I'd appreciate if you could renew your license in order to support my work.

Thanks in advanced,

8 years 1 week ago #21173 by brucedil
Good Morning!

OK, I purchased a new IFAQ and downloaded and installed.

1) Do I need to uninstall MooFAQ?
2) I have been using the MooFAQ. What else do I need to do?

Thanks for your help and thank you for all your work.

Bruce

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #21175 by blue_Shift
Before you uninstall, note this instruction from the documentation, in case you are using the the feature inline (ie, using { moofaq } in an article.

if you are using MooFAQ content plugin, then go to your articles and change {moofaq for {ifaq.

8 years 1 week ago #21176 by brucedil
OK, I am having problems. I am not a coder. I went to my articles and can not find any place to change moofaq to IFAQ. If you go to the site nonprofit-connection and click on ""Products", you will see the FAQ menu item. You can see what happens.

I would like to understand the different ways I can use IFAQ. Although I successfully added stuff into moofaq I want to understand better.

Thanks

8 years 1 week ago #21177 by blue_Shift
Dear brucedil,

That's fine - it means you didn't use plugin code. So it looks like all you need to do is change the menu items from moofaq items to ifaq. No need to remove the moofaq plugin immediately - safer to leave it in place for now, just in case.

blue_Shift

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #21178 by brucedil
Good afternoon.

I unpublished moofaq and changed the menu item for the search function to IFAQ.

I set up a super user "deleted" with the same password. Would you go to Products/faq and tell me why the page is not displaying properly?

I only have a few articles and think maybe I should uninstall everything and start over.

Thanks

8 years 1 week ago #21179 by blue_Shift
There is an item in your custom css that is rendering the font color to white (on white)
#jsn-mainbody a {
    color: white !important;
}

depending on how you configured the module, you might want to make sure your custom classes and styles are the same as moofaq.

8 years 1 week ago #21180 by brucedil
Is there a way to change it just for IFAQ?

8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #21181 by blue_Shift
Dear brucedil

it looks like there is a page class assigned to that menu item, so I expect it shouldn't be difficult. Let me look around and come back with suggestions.

Also, please note that you shouldn't post login credentials in an open forum like this one. I marked it as deleted, and encourage you to use the contact form to keep confidential information away from the public.

regards,
blue_Shift