Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

MOOFAQ article text overwrites available line length in IE7

14 years 10 months ago #185 by stephengrenfell
Hi.

I have installed MOOFAQ (latest version sent yesterday) in Jommla 1.5.10

However the article text is written beyond the available line length (meaning the last few characters are not readable on every line). This is the same regardless which editor is used (JCE, TinyMCE, or JoomlaFCK), or which text style / font / size is used.

This is a nice plug-in. But not usable since the resulting web page looks terrible.

Is there a CSS file which sets this ?. I can only find a CSS for the box.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #186 by douglas
Dear Stephen,

I need to know a couple things:
1 - Your site's URL;
2 - Which template are you using? have you created it? Is it a club template?

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #187 by stephengrenfell
Hi,

The template was geneated using Artisteer 2. It's a localhost installation. I have just tried using the rhuk_milkyway template and the text is OK.

Any thoughts ?.

14 years 10 months ago #188 by douglas
Dear Stephen,

You are the third person that complains about an incompatibility with Artisteer's generated template.

I'm going to give you the same advise that I gave them:

Please log the problem with them and ask them to create prefixes for all CSS classes, this way Joomla's default css classes will always work.
.content is a css class that Joomla uses when it builds the panels (accordion), so it will have a problem with all Joomla created panels, not just MooFAQ.

If you don't want to wait and you have a minimum css knowlegde you can do the following:

1. The first step to do this is make a backup copy of your template;
2. Add a prefix to all .content class. Change in your template file (PHP) from .content to a unique name like .dm-content-conteiner (only for example);
3. on your template.css file you will have to change the lines that follow:
.contentLayout .content
      .contentLayout .content-wide
to
.contentLayout .dm-content-conteiner
      .contentLayout .dm-content-conteiner-wide

I'm also going to contact them about this issue.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #189 by stephengrenfell
Hi,

I have reported this to Artisteer - although I don't hold out much hope of rapid response. There's no mention of it on thier forums.

I can't find any examples .content in any of the php files. However there are many examples of 'content' like below - should be changing these to 'xx-content'

$canEdit = ($this->user->authorize('com_content', 'edit', 'content', 'all') || $this->user->authorize('com_content', 'edit', 'content', 'own'));

Thanks.

14 years 10 months ago #190 by douglas
Dear Stephen,

Well, they already replied to me, see it bellow:

Hello Doug,

Thanks for the info. I'll pass onto our team.

Best regards,

Paul Hudson
Extensoft, Inc. / Artisteer

I've already asked them how long it is going to take. I've got no reply for the second email so far.

Can you send your template to me so i can try to fix it?
I usually don't do this, but I want to get this issue solved.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #191 by stephengrenfell
Hi Doug,

Here's the folders for the template.

I did poke around for 2 hours to see if I could fix it - but I was a bit lost.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

14 years 10 months ago #192 by stephengrenfell
The .zip file was too big and was rejected. I will email it to you.

14 years 10 months ago #193 by douglas
Dear Stephen,

I got a new reply from them:

Not yet, but our managers will be discussing this later today.
I suspect that it may be around 2 weeks.

We can also provide instructions of which base files can be modified in Artisteer if someone is in rush and technical enough to make own changes directly to the Joomla templates.
(Artisteer includes open-source source template files used for creating output templates)

I sent a third email asking for these instructions.

Regards,

14 years 10 months ago #194 by stephengrenfell
Ok. I am willing tio have a go.

14 years 10 months ago #195 by douglas
Got reply from third email:

Assuming that you know how to modify a Joomla template that Artisteer creates, you can try modifying the template source files in a similar way.
The template source files are included within the Artisteer installation folder, usually:

JavaScript and CSS files:
C:\Program Files\Artisteer 2\Library\Data\Templates\Joomla\Common\Files

Template parts:
C:\Program Files\Artisteer 2\Library\Data\Templates\Joomla\Export\Files

Conditional template parts:
C:\Program Files\Artisteer 2\Library\Data\Templates\Joomla\Joomla.xml

Because I don't have a license of Artisteer (I use Linux Ubuntu) I cannot solve this for you, however you can still email me your template so I can try to fix it for you.

Regards,