Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

Issue with images not being found in articles

6 years 5 months ago #23645 by iamtoast
Hi there,

I recently purchased the iRelated component and ran into an issue with it; it doesn't seem to find most of the images. I am using the "Helix Blog Option" and placing images in there, but images do show up on the article page. I'm wondering if maybe it's not working because it's not added into the article directly? If so, is there a workaround to that?

The website itself is not ready so I can't post it publicly, but if a staff person PMs me, I can send over a link if it's needed.

Kind regards,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #23647 by support
Greetings,

I'm not familiar with "Helix Blog Option".
If the image is loaded via a plugin, it will not display in the related articles area because it is not added in the article using Joomla core methods (in the text or in the Intro Text, full text images). This is not an Ideal Related Articles issue.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23649 by iamtoast
Hi again,

Images are being added to the article, via Helix Blog Option. If I'd known the plugin would not find the images, I wouldn't have bought it. Without an image to go with the article, to us, it's literally unusable. Since "This is not an Ideal Related Articles issue," I guess we're just out $18.00...

Kind regards,
Chris

6 years 5 months ago #23651 by support
Dear Cris,

Even though this is not an Ideal Related Articles issue (you are using a third party extension to load images) I can study the possibility to customize the component to work with Helix Blog Option. Can you please provide a link to the Helix Blog Option documentation page?

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23659 by iamtoast
Hi again,

It would be very much appreciated if there was a way to tie this into the Helix system. Thousands of people use it as their article template, and having the module find that image (I imagine) would be beneficial to everyone.

The documentation link is here: www.joomshaper.com/documentati...framework/helix3#blog-settings

Kind regards,
Chris

6 years 5 months ago #23660 by support
Dear Chris,

I see the Helix blog options is most likely saved to the content/article parameters (params table column). Can you please provide dump of your #__content database table or at least the contents of the params column of at least one article, so I can make Ideal Related Articles to search for images in the Helix related parameters?

You can send the data using the Support -> Contact Form, or simply reply to this forum post email notification.

Best regards,