Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Store Locator Plugin (iStoreLocator) works with Google Maps API which allows your website visitors to easily locate stores/contacts on the map.

Product Page

Location Lists not loading

6 years 10 months ago #23306 by jdev
Hello,

I can't seem to get the store listing to work — csv or xml. Even sample ones that came with the plugin aren't loading up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong — attached a picture. Help would be appreciated.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 10 months ago #23307 by support
Greetings,

Can you please provide a direct link to the iStoreLocator Page? The screenshot doesn't help much in this case.

Best regards,

6 years 10 months ago #23308 by jdev

6 years 10 months ago #23309 by support
When we perform an Ajax request (search), we get the following error in the Browser's console:

Catchable fatal error: Method JResponseJson::__toString() must return a string value in /path/to/joomla/components/com_ajax/ajax.php on line 157

I have never received such error.
I have replaced the dealer.csv with the default Germany-CastleFortSchlossRuins.csv and it is working properly:
leathercraftfurniture.com/new_...FortSchlossRuins.csv&category=

I have downloaded your dealer.csv file and noticed 3 errors:
1- The header does not match the example header (first line). Please use plugins/system/istorelocator/data/Germany-CastleFortSchlossRuins.csv as an example. The column order does not need to match, but the column title must be like the ones in the example.

2- The webpage field (Web_link in your case) does not accept HTML, therefore you must only enter the full URL without any HTML.

3- id 28 has a non UTF-8 character "Germain Larivi�re".

Best regards,

6 years 10 months ago #23310 by jdev
The thing is, not even the sample file (Germany-CastleFortSchlossRuins.csv) is loading on my end. So I'm at a loss.
Also what do you mean by id 28 ?

6 years 10 months ago #23311 by support
Greetings,

ID 28 is the line where the ID column is 28 on file: leathercraftfurniture.com/new_.../istorelocator/data/dealer.csv

The example file should be loading correctly. See: leathercraftfurniture.com/new_...FortSchlossRuins.csv&category=

Best regards,

6 years 10 months ago #23318 by jdev
Sorry, I'm just not seeing it. All I keep seeing is what is shown in that screenshot above.
Also, I don't understand that last link.

6 years 10 months ago #23321 by support
Greetings,

When I submit the IStoreLocator search form, it makes an Ajax call and I get the following error in the browser's Network console:

Catchable fatal error: Method JResponseJson::__toString() must return a string value in /path/to/joomla/components/com_ajax/ajax.php on line 157

The Ajax call actually submits to this URL below, where you can see the error:
leathercraftfurniture.com/new_...=csv&file=dealer.csv&category=

The URL I provided earlier using the example CSV file is loading correctly:
leathercraftfurniture.com/new_...FortSchlossRuins.csv&category=

If you fix the header (first line) of the dealer.csv in order to match the one in the example csv file, it should work properly.

I've opened you dealer.csv file using OpenOffice Calc and took a screenshot in order to better explain what's the issue.
storage7.static.itmages.com/i/...876487_4907925_4093cab20b.jpeg

Best regards,

6 years 10 months ago #23322 by jdev
It's working now. Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.