Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× This Captcha plugin works with any Joomla extension capable of using the Joomla core captcha plugin system. It generates complex images and CAPTCHA codes (including math problems) to protect forms from spam and abuse.

Product Page

Just purchased but it fails to install

5 years 10 months ago #24161 by neilw
Just bought the Ajax Contact Form package. The Contact Form component installed fine, but the captcha plugin fails to install. Hopefully we can get working! Thanks!

Get the following error on our client's J2.5.28 site:

Failed loading XML file
/home/xxxxxxxxx/g/xxxxxxxxxxxx-1069320896/user/htdocs/tmp/install_5b03419b2b991/securimage.xml
XML: Opening and ending tag mismatch: fieldset line 27 and field
XML: expected '>'
XML: Opening and ending tag mismatch: config line 23 and fields
XML: Opening and ending tag mismatch: extension line 2 and config
XML: Extra content at the end of the document
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #24162 by neilw
Forgot to add:

captcha = plg_captcha_securimage_3.2.2__20140110_1843.zip

Ajax Contact Form = 3.8.3

5 years 10 months ago #24166 by support
Dear Neil,

Ajax Contact 3.8 is not compatible with Joomla 2.5. Please install Ajax Contact 3.1.2, which is also included in the Downloadable zip file.

As for the SecurImage plugin issue I have found the problem and fixed it. Please download the zip file again and install SecurImage 3.2.3.

Best regards,

5 years 10 months ago #24173 by neilw
Thanks for the assistance. I did install the Ajax Contact version that was in the folder labeled "Ajax Contact for Joomla 2.5 up to 3.1". That installed version 3.1.1, which is the version that is not functioning. Not sure where to fiind the suggested v3.1.2. Is that something I need to download separately?

I will download and install Securimage 3.2.3. Thanks.

5 years 10 months ago #24174 by neilw
I just checked and the version in that folder for J2.5 is named as v3.1.2, but when installed, Joomla shows it as v3.1.1. I reinstalled and get the same thing.

5 years 10 months ago #24175 by support
Dear Neil,

Did the new SecurImage plugin installed correctly?

I've fixed the downloadable file, but you don't have to update because the only change was the version number.

Besides the version number, can you please clarify what's not working in Ajax Contact?

Best regards,

5 years 10 months ago #24176 by neilw
Yes, been working at it. Have securimage working fine. Problem with both was Akeeba Admin's security htaccess, so had to add exceptions.

Have Ajax Contact mostly working. If I have it set in Advanced to use Ajax, it does not do a clear form. Otherwise works fine. If I have Use Ajax set to No, clears the form, but when it reloads it throws an error:
JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING

I also get the Joomla Sent Message banner/notice instead of the Ajaxcontact "sent" message. Not sure what is not loading since the page redraws correctly.

Thanks for checking.

gurneyenvironmental.com/index.php/contact/our-partners

5 years 10 months ago #24177 by neilw
I've left it set to Ajax = No for now. I have to run to a client meeting for a few hours. Thanks.

5 years 10 months ago #24178 by neilw
New issue: Securimage is forcing a cookie on page load. Visitor has Decline cookies set, but if I add the securimage to the standard Joomla contact form, it sets a cookie. If I turn off rthe plugin, loading the contact page doesn't load a cookie.Same with Ajax Contact, so it must be securimage forcing the cookie (which we can't have with GDPR/PECR as of Friday).

Thanks.

5 years 10 months ago #24180 by neilw
Update: Turned off captcha. Loading page with ajax contact did not set a cookie. However, after submitting the form it did force a cookie.

I guess if we can't get that fixed, we will need to add to the privacy/consent statement that submitting the form will set a cookie even if they declined cookies. Technically, might be legal since they agreed to us having the data from the form. But obviously would be better if it didn't set a cookie.

I tested this with Use Ajax = On.

5 years 10 months ago #24182 by support
Dear Neil,

That's very strange. I have just searched Ajax Contact and SecurImage source code and I could not find anything in the code that suggest it is adding a cookie.

I'm not sure if the Joomla Form token in Joomla 2.5 used cookies or not, so I'll remove the form.token security feature for you and I'll send to your email.

Best regards,

5 years 10 months ago #24183 by neilw
The reason we are looking at your form is because the standard Joomla 2.5 contact form requires cookies on in order to send the email. We have instructions for the sender to first Accept cookies, then send the form, plus telling them to Decline them after if desired. Kind of clumsy.

Also had the same issue with google's reCAPCHA. As soon as someone checks the "I'm not a robot" checkbox, it loads cookies.

Hopefully we can get this figured out so that people who decline cookies won't get any due to either Ajax Contact or Securimage.

Thanks for the help!