Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× This Captcha plugin works with any Joomla extension capable of using the Joomla core captcha plugin system. It generates complex images and CAPTCHA codes (including math problems) to protect forms from spam and abuse.

Product Page

SecurImage Audio - Question and Problem with Safari

5 years 8 months ago #24344 by neilw
Just installed to see if it would work for the same website (bssboc).

Question: The audio "code" is different than the graphic code. Is that supposed to be like that?

Problem: The audio works in Chrome and Firefox, but not in Safari desktop or iOS. Simply stalls after clicking play icon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #24345 by support
Dear Neil,

The audio code should be the same as the image code. Thanks for reporting this issue. I have fixed and I'll send it to your email in a minute.

As for the problem with the Safari, can you please check if there's any Javascript error in the browser's console?

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24346 by neilw
Thanks. The new php file now matches the visual with the audio codes.

On Safari, no, there are no error messages that I can see. When you click on the play icon, it switches to a stalled spinner/loading icon but no audio, no play.
Example: bssboc.org.uk/index.php/contact-us

5 years 8 months ago #24347 by neilw
Went back to the Safari page after doing a couple other things and now it shows some type of error. Don't know if it relates to the problem or not.

>Unhandled Promise Rejection: AbortError: The operation was aborted.
(anonymous function)
rejectPromise

5 years 8 months ago #24348 by support
Dear Neil,

There's a javascript error on line 588 that might be causing this issue.

Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list

Please contact your template provider to fix it for you.

Can you please test using this URL below?
bssboc.org.uk/index.php/compon...wner?Itemid=101&tmpl=component

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24349 by neilw
I tried that link in Safari and in Firefox. Audio works fine in Firefox but not in Safari.

On the template provider, it's an older TM template we used for this project so no real support available from TM unfortunately. Support used to be pretty good from them a few years back but has become problematic nowadays. I guess if I can't get it to work, can always just shut it off or leave it non-functional for iOS and Safari.

5 years 7 months ago #24399 by neilw
I've installed SecurImage on a new RocketTheme template I'm testing for a client and same issue - no audio in Safari, iPhones or iPads (iOS). I don't see any errors in the console. Just stalls with the "progress" wheel. Works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

geldemo.tracmarketing.com/index.php/contact-us

5 years 7 months ago #24405 by support
Dear Neil,

I was able to reproduce this issue and I'm working on a fix.

Best regards,

5 years 7 months ago #24408 by neilw
Thanks, Douglas. Appreciate the great support!

5 years 7 months ago #24451 by neilw
Douglas, just upgraded to the newest versions (3.8.5). Some type of audio now plays in Safari, but it is mostly garbled and unintelligible. Part way there!

5 years 7 months ago #24469 by support
Dear Neil,

Even though I was able to reproduce the issue locally, I'm having a very hard time trying to fix it.

Do you get this error on Safari for both iOS and MacOS?

Best regards,

5 years 7 months ago #24470 by neilw
Yes, both iOS and macOS. Interestingly, when I first installed the upgraded bits, when I clicked on the play button, it paused for a second or so, then played the loud and very garbled sound. But now it has gone back to doing nothing.

Still works perfectly in Firefox and Chrome.