Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× This Captcha plugin works with any Joomla extension capable of using the Joomla core captcha plugin system. It generates complex images and CAPTCHA codes (including math problems) to protect forms from spam and abuse.

Product Page

it-IT non working

1 year 7 months ago #26473 by ClaudioRomeo
Hi.
I downloaded the it-IT sound files and put them into the /plugins/captcha/securimage/lib/audio/it-IT folder.
I activated the sounds in the backend.
But when I click the icon near the image, it freezes and nothing happens (see the image).

How can I fix it?

Joomla! 3.10.11
PHP 8.0.7
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 7 months ago #26474 by support
Ciao Claudio,

The Italian Audio Language files are not complete. It's missing the MINUS.wav, PLUS.wav, TIMES.wav, and error.wav files, which are required for the MATH challenges;

If you want to translate the missing Securimage files into another Italian, these directions will explain how to properly create and encode the audio.

Audio Format
Securimage uses the WAV file format for its audio files and sources. The main reason for this is that in order for audio CAPTCHAs to be secure, an attacker should not be able to determine the original file sources used to make up the CAPTCHA audio. If a compressed audio format were used (such as MP3), this would not be possible without special encoding software beyond the scope of PHP.

Therefore, all audio files you create for Securimage should be in WAV format.

Audio Encoding
Since WAV files are uncompressed, it is desirable to keep the audio files as small as possible. To help achieve this, the following encoding parameters are used with the supplied audio files and are recommended for maximum portability:
  • 16-bit PCM format (supports 8 and 24-bit, but not recommended for quality and size reasons)
  • Mono (1 channel)
  • Sample Rate: 11,025 Hz or less

All audio files MUST be encoded with all of the same parameters. The length does not need to be the same.

Required Sound Files
To fully support all possible characters in the CAPTCHA, there should be one audio file for each character that appears in the CAPTCHA.

It is recommended that you create audio files for the following English characters: A-Z, 0-9.

To support mathematical captchas, you should have the following files: PLUS.wav (addition), MINUS.wav (subtraction), TIMES.wav (multiplication).

A file called error.wav will be served if creating the audio file fails. This should provide a verbal error message explaining that an error occurred.

All files containing non-numeric characters should be saved using UPPERCASE characters.

Each audio file must have the extension .wav in lower case.

If you do translate the missing Italian language audio files and you want to help other Italian users, feel free to send the files to me and I'll include them in the download file.

Best regards,

1 year 7 months ago #26476 by ClaudioRomeo
Hi, Douglas.
I will gladly send you the Italian audio files.
But I would like to be sure: are the missing files also needed for the alphanumeric captcha, which do not contain the mathematical operations?

1 year 7 months ago #26477 by support
Claudio,

The MINUS.wav, PLUS.wav, TIMES.wav, and error.wav files, are ONLY required for the MATH challenges;

If you choose not to use Math challenges, you don't need to translate these files.

Best regards,

Thank you.

1 year 7 months ago #26479 by ClaudioRomeo
So I was not so clear...
The Play icon hangs (when clicked) even if I'm using the Characters captcha, which has no need of untranslated audio file.
On the contrary, the Reload icon works fine.
I can't get the reason.

1 year 7 months ago #26482 by support
Please download the Italian audio files again from this link .

I had to reduce the bit and sample rate using FFmpeg.

I've included the code just for the record to make it easier if you need to use it for the TIMES, PLUS, MINUS, and ERROR files.
for f in *.wav; do ffmpeg  -i "$f" -vn -b:a 8000 -ac 1 -ar 11025 "new/$(basename "$f" .wav).wav"; done

Best regards,

1 year 7 months ago #26492 by ClaudioRomeo
I replaced the old audio files with the new ones.
Unfortunately, clicking on the icon still causes the icon to hang.
Please, try for yourself: Click here

1 year 7 months ago #26493 by support
Dear Claudio,

That's odd. We're now getting a 500 error message on yourdomain/plugins/captcha/securimage/lib/securimage_play.php.
Can you check the server error log to see if there's a more detailed error description with the file path and line number?

It might be a problem with "filesize", can you try to limit the number of characters to 4 or 5 for testing purposes?

Best regards,

1 year 7 months ago #26496 by ClaudioRomeo
Dear Douglas,

Can you check the server error log to see if there's a more detailed error description with the file path and line number?

I'm not so good. But I attach the error.log file, so you can read it.

It might be a problem with "filesize", can you try to limit the number of characters to 4 or 5 for testing purposes?

I limited the number of characters to 4, but the problem is still here.

I turned the language of this site from Italian to English, and the error remains. Instead, in my other site jesuscaffe.com (in English) everything work well.
So, probably it is a issue that does not depend on you. I wonder why...
Let me know if I have to pay an extra fee for your multisite support.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

1 year 7 months ago #26498 by support
Claudio,

Apparently, the log you provided is just for the modsecurity (ModSec) firewall. ModSec usually throws 403 Forbidden and not 500 errors. The file plugins/captcha/securimage/lib/securimage_play.php is throwing a 500 error.
The same file on jesuscaffe.com is correctly downloading a .wav file.

Can you set Error Reporting to Maximum and enable Joomla Debug in Joomla Global Configuration?
OR
Can you provide FTP access to both sites, so I investigate these issues? You can send the credentials by replying to this forum notification EMAIL or by using the Support > Contact Form.

Our Subscriptions allow you to install our extensions on as many websites as you wish. However, support is usually provided to one domain per subscription. It's not enforced, but you can either make a donation of any amount or purchase a new subscription.

You can use this Donation link:
www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=HPZF5QDJXWTMQ

Best regards,

1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #26499 by ClaudioRomeo
Dear Douglas.
This morning (Rome time) I'm very busy away from my workplace. In the afternoon I'll do what you requested.
I tried to elevate the error log level for a while, and this error has been reported in the front end:

Warning: is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/lame) is not within the allowed path(s): (:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/dev/urandom) in /path/to/joomla/plugins/captcha/securimage/lib/securimage.php on line 1448

Hope it's useful.

1 year 7 months ago #26501 by support
Dear Claudio,

Yes, that is VERY useful. I've never had a restriction with the is_executable() PHP function. However, that's only a warning, not an error, so it might not be the reason why we're getting that 500 error message.

I'll send you a file to your email address with a possible fix. Let me know if it works for you.

Best regards,