- Category: Menu items
- Written by Duncan McFarlane
Contact Enhanced can be set up to add contacts through the front-end; The Contact added will be linked to the current logged in username and only one contact is allowed to be created per font-end users, so if the user clicks on the Create Contact link twice he will get the edit contact form in the second time.
- Contact Enhanced 3.2+;
- Have created at least one Contact Enhanced Category;
Stage 1: Add a menu item in the back-end called "Create New Contact"
- Login to Joomla back-end;
- Navigate to menu to add new menu item - found under menu tab;
- Click "New";
- Add a Menu Title → "Create New Contact" or whatever is appropriate;
- Click on "Select";
- Select "Contact Enhanced";
- Select "Create Contact";
- Click on "Contact Display Options" tab and set as required (Global display options can be managed in the component options, found under Components/Contact Enhanced);
- Click Save and Close when done.
For this menu item to display you must set the menu to display in a position in your template via Extension/Module Manager and be set to display on selected pages.
Stage 2: Adding a contact through the front-end
- Go to the front-end;
- Click on your newly created menu item;
- This will open a new contact form in the front-end;
- Fill out the form as required and click save at the top.
To display a list of contacts in the front-end:
Recommend to a friend
- Follow stage 1 to create a menu item but instead of selecting "Create Contact" select one of the contact listing options available;
- Click on the menu item in the front-end to display a list of contacts.