iRecommend is a Component which works with a plugin that adds a small "Recommend to a friend" (Also known as "Refer a Friend" or "Tell a Friend") link in your content items and the iRecommend tab (see Recommend Us image on the right). The concept of this plug-in is to open the Tell a Friend form in the popup window by clicking the button from the page (Sidebar, End of the post, pages).
The only people who know what a person likes as much as that person are their friends and family. And so allowing your visitors to send their friends and family an email with a link to a page on your site is like having a volunteer army of your own personal evangelists combing through the populations of the world to find exactly the right people who should know about you.
- Unlimited emails: Allow your users to send emails to one or many emails at the same time;
- Send a copy to senders: You can send a copy or any email to the sender, similar to an auto reply feature;
- HTML Templates: Receive and send html email;
- Custom Fields: Now you can have as many custom fields as you wish.
- Captcha: Image to prevent robots to fill the forms, in other words, to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. iRecommend for Joomla 3.x comes with SecurImage captcha plugin and previous versions come with iCaptcha plugin.
- If the user is logged in this script will get the name and email recorded in database, preventing the user to mistype his email;
Please visit the links below to view the demonstration page for iRecommend.
In those pages above you can also view the iRecommend Tab plugin.
iRecommend is very easy to set up, but because it has a few options it might bit a bit confusing for beginners, so a Cheat Sheet was created for the basic usage. Keep reading it!
- Purchase/license and download the latest version of iRecommend;
- Select Extensions → Extension Manager from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. Then select the Install menu item in the Extension manager screen that appears.
- Navigate to the iRecommend zip file, select and install as you would any other Joomla! extension;
- Component Configuration:
- Go to Components → iRecommend;
- Click on the Options button on the toolbar. You don't really need to do anything other than Save it, but keep in mind that it holds all default configuration for iRecommend ;
- Plugins Configuration:
- Go to Extensions → Plugin Manager; There are two plugins that you will need to configure and enable:
- Content - iRecommend :: Displays a Recommend to Friend link in content items (articles);
- System - iRecommend :: Displays a Recommend/Invite Friends Tab on the right or left of the page. (Only available in iRecommend for Joomla! 2.5 and newer)
- Clean Joomla and your browser's cache and go to your website and check it out. It should be good to go now.