Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Seeing fatal error after ug to J4

11 months 2 weeks ago #26896 by tapiochre
Following the otherwise good upgrade from J3 to J4-latest on PHP 8, I installed the J4.3.10 release of CE but on attempts to reach the from end Contact Form, I see:
oomla\Registry\Registry::merge(): Argument #1 ($source) must be of type Joomla\Registry\Registry, null given, called in /home/account/public_html/mm4/components/com_contactenhanced/src/Model/ContactModel.php on line 134

The stack call reports:
1	()	JROOT/libraries/vendor/joomla/registry/src/Registry.php:363
2	Joomla\Registry\Registry->merge()	JROOT/components/com_contactenhanced/src/Model/ContactModel.php:134
3	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Site\Model\ContactModel->getForm()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/AbstractView.php:146
4	Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\AbstractView->get()	JROOT/components/com_contactenhanced/src/View/Contact/HtmlView.php:126
5	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Site\View\Contact\HtmlView->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:645
6	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()	JROOT/components/com_contactenhanced/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:83
7	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Site\Controller\DisplayController->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678
8	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
9	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/components/com_contactenhanced/src/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php:75
10	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Site\Dispatcher\Dispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
11	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:208
12	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:249
13	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
14	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/includes/app.php:61
15	require_once()	JROOT/index.php:32

In the Control Panel, I can see the CE Dashboard, but when I reach the Contacts page, I see:
1	()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_contactenhanced/src/View/Contacts/HtmlView.php:91
2	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Administrator\View\Contacts\HtmlView->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:645
3	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_contactenhanced/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:60
4	Idealextensions\Component\Contactenhanced\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:678
5	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
6	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
7	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
8	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
9	Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
10	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
11	require_once()	JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

I see a similar error on the Form Field and other pages.

I note that no Categories are found (there are TWO in the J3 site.

I have tried reinstalling CE (without uninstalling)

Suggestions welcome!

C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #26898 by support
Dear C,

I've never had these errors before and I'm having a hard time understanding what's causing them.

Contact Enhanced uses the Joomla category system, so all categories information is saved in Joomla's database table #__categories. Did you encounter any errors when upgrading Contact Enhanced? Do you have a Database backup? It might be useful to copy the database tables starting with #__ce_ from Joomla 3 to Joomla 4, then run the upgrade again.

If the problem persists, can you provide Super Administrator and FTP access? If so, you can just reply to this forum post notification EMAIL with the credentials or use the Support > Contact Form. Do not post any sensitive information in the forum.

Best wishes,
Are there any contacts

11 months 2 weeks ago #26900 by tapiochre
In fact I’m seeing this on two sites.

The common factor is I use Migrate Me 4 to upgrade to J4.

I’ll send you logins for both sites to see if you can spot any cock ups on my part!