Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

multiselect / drop down select recipients?

14 years 7 months ago #1172 by Diesel9a1
Can we have one form and the user selects who they want to send it to via a drop down box or multi select box?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #1175 by douglas
Dear Pete,

You can enable the Dropdown in the Menu basic parameters.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1178 by Diesel9a1
- New Menu Item
- Contact Enhanced / Contact / "Standard Contact Layout"
- Select Contact = "Contact 1"
- Drop Down = "Show"

On the front end, the form only shows the contact that I have selected.

I would like:
- User clicks the "Contact Us" menu link
- User is taken to a new page.
- User selects recipient from drop down box
- form appears

or something like that.

14 years 7 months ago #1179 by douglas
Dear Pete,

It should show the contact and a dropdown to switch contacts.

You can also use the Category view (menu -> Contact Enhanced -> Category).

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1181 by Diesel9a1
Unfortunately I cannot get it to work Douglas.

I've emailed you access details to my test site if you would care to have a glance over the settings please?

Pete

14 years 7 months ago #1187 by douglas
Dear Pete,

It is not working because all contacts must be in the same category, and you have 3 different contacts in different categories.

Fridays and Mondays are the busiest days for me. If you wait until Tuesday and I'll create either another view for all categories or change the dropdown to show all contacts even if they are from different categories.
I hope that's ok with you!

Kind regards,

14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #1189 by Diesel9a1
Ahhh you are correct! I t works now. I've put all contacts in the one Category.

My initial thoughts about displaying all categories, are that I'm not sure really Douglas.

- All the contacts are part of the committee
- The committee is broken into seperate departments
- Each departments is made up of several posts.

--- Committee
Technical Department
Tech Chairman
Tech Worker
Tech Worker

It could still be structured to miss out the Department (Technical Department in the example above)

Could anybody provide an example where it may be required to list all categories (Departments).

14 years 3 months ago #2116 by jhughes
I know how to us it when using the menu -> Contact Enhanced -> Contact but not when using Category

When using the menu -> Contact Enhanced -> Category, How do you show the Drop Down Select List in a Contact View? In other words, once you go to Contact Us, my site displays 4 contact is that category. When you select a contact , it would be nice to see the Drop Down Select List in that Contact View page.

My site is www.itghvac.com

14 years 3 months ago #2117 by douglas
Dear Jeffrey,

I tried to access your site but I got a Time out error.

Which version are you running? I see in your earlier posts that you had it installed on a Joomla 1.0 version; Have you migrated to Joomla 1.5 yet?

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #2118 by jhughes
I am using Joomla 1.5. The site is being worked on but you should not have gotten a time out error. The www.itghvac.com is masked so you can also try itg.hyperial.com/hvac/ . Thanks in advanced.

14 years 3 months ago #2119 by douglas
Dear Jeffrey,

I access the other URL and it worked;

Because that is a Contact page feature the option is only on the Contact Enhaced -> Contact Menu item;
There are two ways to display it:
1- Create a submenu item for each contact;
2- Edit [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/views/contact/tmpl/default.php and change this line:
<?php if ( $this->params->get( 'show_contact_list' ) && count( $this->contacts ) > 1) : ?>
for this one:
<?php if ( count( $this->contacts ) > 1) : ?>

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to ask,

Kind regards,

14 years 3 months ago #2120 by jhughes
I did option 2 and it inserted the drop down. Great! But when you select a contact on the drop down instead of taking you to the contact it returns you to the catagory.