This Captcha plugin works with any Joomla extension capable of using the Joomla core captcha plugin system. It uses the Securimage PHP CAPTCHA1 script for generating complex images and CAPTCHA codes (including math problems) to protect forms from spam and abuse. It can be easily added into existing forms on your Joomla 2.5 or newer website to provide protection from spam bots. It can run on almost all webservers as long as you have PHP installed, and GD support within PHP. SecurImage does everything from generating the CAPTCHA images to validating the typed code. Audible codes can be streamed to the browser with Flash for the vision impaired.
- Works with Joomla Registration and any other extensions that is compatible with Joomla captcha plugin system;
- Works with Contact Enhanced, iRecommend, Ajax Recommend and Ajax Contact;
- Customizable code length, character sets, and Unicode support;
- TTF font support. You can choose the font you want to use;
- Very easy to customize colors;
- Easily add background images;
- Easily add signature to images;
- Several security features such as image distortion, random lines, and noise;
- Flash button to stream audible codes in WAV format;
- Ability to use a word list; Add a word list in your language to /plugins/captcha/securimage/lib/words/
- Display alphanumeric captchas, or simple math problems;
- Highly customizable!
Online demo: Support Form
Please visit our demonstration page:
Back-end (Username: demo Password: demo)
Install the plugin by accessing the administration menu of the back-end under Extensions. Then access Extensions → Plugin Manager, look for Captcha - SecurImage and customize it to your needs. Don't forget to enable it!
The default installation file do not come with the audio files in order to keep the installation file under 2Mb (on some servers files over 2Mb are not uploadable).
Download audio files:
We've tried to make it very simple to use Captcha.
- Select Extensions → Plug-in Manager from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
- Edit the Plug-In "Captcha - SecurImage"
- Set Status to "Published"
- Change the settings accordingly to your needs. Below is a screenshot of all the available settings;
- Go to System → Global Configuration, and select the "Site" tab.
Choose "SecurImage" in your "Default Captcha" field.
Click Save & Close.
- Depending on the form you need to protect with SecurImage you might have to go to the component Options and enable captcha there;
IMPORTANT: If you are using Akeeba Admin Tools you must access the ".htaccess maker" and add the folder "plugins/captcha/securimage/lib" into "Allow direct access, including .php files, to these directories" in order for the images to generate and be visible.
Version 3.8.5 (August 20, 2018)
- + Updated SecurImage library;
Version 3.8.4 (May 02, 2018)
- # Fixed SecurImage Captcha Plugin issue when loading the form is invalid;
Version 3.7 (June 28, 2017)
- + Added partial SecurImage Compatibility with AMP pages in Ajax Mode (reload button won't display for AMP pages). AMP is fully supported in Contact Enhanced's iframe mode;
- + Added several options to SecurImage Captcha plugin in. Now there are separate settings for users using a mobile device/browser;
- # Fixed some minor problems;
- + Updated SecurImage PHP library with improved security;
- + Added audio compatibility with HTML 5, so now the audio feature is compatible with Android and Safari for iOS browsers;
Version 3.3 (June 4, 2014)
- + Added option to display Bootstrap reload button instead of reload image;
- + Added option to add a gap (delay) between letters in Audio Captcha;
- + Added new free fonts;
- + Added new images for the audio captcha play button;
- # Changed SecurImage library to the latest version;
- # Fix "Click me" feature;
1 SecurImage library is a open source PHP script available at PHPCaptcha.org