Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

[SOLVED] Operation Aborted in IE7

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #1462 by wilson1973
Hi,

I keep getting operation aborted errors in IE7.

I have standard fields, mainly selection lists, free text (no joomla plugins) or text fields.

I get occassional IE7 aborted errors with the plugin in content (contact enhanced).

Seen here:
xxx

Note also that I have enabled the right column feature for this contact and the right column does not show through the plugin.

If however I try a direct menu link to that user I get continual IE7 operation aborted errors, seen here:

xxx

But this time the same contact viewed in FF does show the right column.

So two problems really IE aborted, and the right column not showing in IE if enabled.

Hope you can help.

Regards

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #1463 by douglas
Lee,

It doesn't seem like you are running the latest version. Did you upload the changes that I've made yesterday?
The script errors in IE8 has been fixed in the latest version.

The right column only works in the component view. The plugin was written to show only the form in a content item.

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1464 by wilson1973
I'm running 1.5.4.3.

The last upgrade I did of this deleted my questions, if I upgrade will it remove these again ? or can I simply overwrite the files ?

OK so with the plugin it won't show the sied bar. Do you know how I can call it from the component instead of the plugin then ? I don't want to create visible menu items for each of the forms, but instead call them from images / links in the site - hence why I tried the plugin.

14 years 6 months ago #1465 by douglas
Lee,

I didn't make any change to the database so you can just overwrite the files:
Extract all files in the package and upload all files inside the site folder to [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/ and all files inside the admin folder to [Joomla]/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/

Kind regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1467 by wilson1973
Hi,

I've just uploaded the latest version of contact enhanced.

I still get IE aborted errors in both the menu item and the plugin in content for the links in the previous post.

I'm a bit stuck why this is happening now.

Any ideas ?

14 years 6 months ago #1469 by wilson1973
I just checked one thing. I get the aborted error if I want to use the column in the contact form.

Hope this helps.

14 years 6 months ago #1470 by douglas
Lee,

I've tried to reproduce the same error in my test server but I it is working correctly even with the sidebar (right column) enabled;

Can you please disable captcha for testing puposes? It might have something to do with reCaptcha.

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1474 by wilson1973
OK I disabled recaptch and this has removed the IE aborted error.

Is there a work around for recaptcha ?

Also using the links I previously supplied above the plugin link shows the form correctly (but without the right column), all fields are in the correct order.

However if you use the main menu link all the fields are jumbled up.

Do you have any ideas why this may happen ?

14 years 6 months ago #1478 by wilson1973
Update,

After overwriting the component files from 1.4.3 to 1.5 yesterday I noticed that all my questions are not in the correct order.

So I uninstalled the component from joomla install menu. Then reinstalled using joomla install menu.

Firstly it is annoying that it deletes all the databsae information other than the categories.

Good job I copied and pasted the questions into a document.

Now I have created a new user and a set of questions and linked it to a menu item.

The page title shows, but none of the questions are now showing, it does however show the right hand column, I've played with settings for captcha, columns and none of the questions are showing for that contact.

Something is a bit wrong me thinks....

14 years 6 months ago #1480 by wilson1973
Ok making progress now.

After my initial removal of the component and reinstallation of the component I had managed to create a user but with no email addres, or not associated with any user - this is why the form was blank...

May be an idea to have a warning for that ?

Now I have aproblem where I have a right column set at 20% and an image showing, but the form does not start until half way down the page....

How can I get the form to start at the top of the page ??

14 years 6 months ago #1481 by douglas
Dear Lee,

I'm sorry about the delay. I had a major problem in my local network this morning.

Please just add the following line to [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/assets/css/validate.css
#component-contact-enhanced td{vertical-align:top}

I'll work on a work around for reCaptcha this afternoon.

Regards,

14 years 6 months ago #1482 by wilson1973
Hi Douglas,

Really 24 hour response is no delay.... by far the best support of any product I have purchased.

Just one last thing...

I have created a free text field as a header using h3 tags.

In IE to wraps the text only using a quarter of the page... but in FF it displas fine...

for example:

IE shjows like this:

the following
are standard options

In FF it shows in one line (and still has plenty of space left on that line) - how do I get this showing correctly ?

and by any chance is it picking up on the 20% value I chose for the right hand column some how ?

Thanks