Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Multiple File upload fails with large zip file

6 years 6 months ago #23677 by chris.dempsey
If the form is cached the security token will also be cached and it will not work properly.
I am unfamiliar with the nuances of Joomla's caching mechanism. However do not understand why it cannot be cleared programatically by CE at the time the form submission is processed (server side, obviously). Or why the security token generator cannot be called uncached.

The framework I use has these features baked into the core. Perhaps Joomla does not.

On a positive note, I have isolated the issue that prevents me from uploading a large zip file while you can push a 23mb zip through my form.

If I download the 23mb file you tested with and attach it to a new form submission it is accepted. If I attach 3 jpegs totalling 18mb they are also accepted.

The issue is specifically with my 17mb zip file. It contains 5 jpegs and was created with Windows Explorer. All files can be extracted and viewed by my computer using Windows Explorer. The file can also be extracted with 7zip.

To be more accurate, the issue is specifically with any size zip file created by my computer. Attaching a 100kb zip also fails.

I have no idea what the exact cause is yet. I presume CE must validate attached file types according to allowed extensions perhaps the mime type is not recognised by PHP as application/zip.

Will investigate further to establish if this is unique to zips created on my computer or others running Windows as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #23678 by chris.dempsey
Update - issue is no longer specific to zip files generated on my computer. Testing fails to attach zip files downloaded from Github and other internet sources.

It is specific to zip files, psd, pdf, eps, ai and jpeg are fine up to 25mb (web server and php limit are 32mb).

6 years 6 months ago #23680 by support
Dear Chris,

Many thanks for helping us debug this issue.

I found out the problem. It had to do with a security measure that we have in place, which blocks any executable file and all compressed files (zip, gz, rar,...) including executable files (.php and all variants,.fcgi,.cgi,.jar,.java,.pl,.inc,.py,...).

Compressed files containing images only should not trigger this security measure.

Anyway, I have created an option, so you can disable this security check. I'll send it to your email address in a couple of minutes.

Have a blessed weekend,