Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

SOLVED Contact form doesn't appear in other languages

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3405 by nola_blue
Hello Douglas!

I uploaded .ini files in this 2 folders:

/administrator/language/de-DE/
/language/de-DE/

/administrator/language/ru-RU/
/language/ru-RU/

What is the next step contact form to appear in German and Russian? Because in this languages I have a standard joomla contact form.

In Joomfish for example there are no possibility to translate components.

Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #3406 by douglas
Dear nola_blue,

You can download the Contentelement for Contact Enhanced Contacts here:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...contact-enhanced.html#joomfish

I cannot create a JoomFish contentelement for the Custom Fields because Joom!Fish does not handle this type of translation (joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4235#p19857).

You can use the language.ini files to translate the custom fields.
Let's say that you wish to translate the Tooltip for the name field, then you should write something like TOOLTIP_NAME in the tootip and add to your translation file for all languages you should write: TOOLTIP_NAME=Here comes the Tooltip for the name. You can do the same for the Name (label).

This task gets easier if you enable system and language debug in Joomla Global Configuration.

For more information, please read this FAQ item:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...late-any-joomla-component.html

I'm rewriting Contact Enhanced for Joomla 1.6 and it will not require JoomFish to be multi-lingual;

If you have any other question, do not hesitate to ask.

All the best,

13 years 9 months ago #3407 by nola_blue
I uploaded all the 3 files from the folder contact_enhanced_contentelements. Then I translated and published via Joomfish my Contact. Nothing changed, still have standard contact form in russian and german...Did I miss smth? Thank you!

13 years 9 months ago #3408 by douglas
Dear nola_blue,

Did you translate the custom fields like I've instructed?

Can you please provide an URL so I ca take a closer look on that?

Best regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3411 by nola_blue
Hello Douglas,

well, I added some customfields in English contact form. Then I downloaded en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini from the folder language/en-GB which is on the server via ftp progam. Translated this ini file into Russian and German. Uploaded as you describe it in your tutorial. And nothing changes :((

13 years 9 months ago #3412 by douglas
Dear nola_blue,

It should be working and you are NOT required to have an en-GB language file.

I'll create a screencast for you explaining how to accomplish that. This will take a few hours,

Kind regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3415 by douglas
Dear nola_blue,

I'm sorry about the delay. I could not edit the screencast, I'm having a problem with the recorder and I'm working on it and I'll publish a new screencast when I get this fixed. For now you can view this screencast below:

I hope it helps.

All the best,

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3431 by nola_blue
Hello Douglas, thank you for a screencast. But I can not see, what do you add to the english and portugise language files. Which new parameters? I thought I need only to translate the english one without adding new lines.

In my case I added several new custom fields and changed the names of the existing custom fields. So which new lines should I add to the english language file? Screenshot of my contact form is attached.

I appreciate your help!

Attachments:

13 years 9 months ago #3434 by douglas
Dear Nola_blue,

Joomfish does not handle the custom fields, that's why you have to add additional language strings to the language file. Some users believe it is easier to have different forms for different languages, but I rather use the language files;

In the screencast I've done these things:
Added CF_NAME in the Name Custom Field for the Field's name;
Added CF_NAME=Name to the English language file and CF_NAME=Nome to the Portuguese language file;
This is the same procedure for all custom fields, including the select list options.

My first attempt of screencasting was back in March, but the audio got all messed up and is not synchronized.

In Joomla 1.6 this won't be necessary.

I'm sorry for all this trouble. I'll post a better screencast soon.

Sincere regards,

13 years 9 months ago #3436 by nola_blue
Hello douglas,

unfortunatelly this video didnt help and I do not know, why contact form doesnt show up in german and russian languages.

As far as I understand when I add custom fields in english, new lines will be added atomaticaly to en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini, so I just need to translate them into german and russian. But it doesnt do it. So I have to add new lines in en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini myself and then translate it. I am not sure, I know the syntax adn the way how to put those lines.... Could you please help me to accomplish this issue? Thank you in advance.

P.S. my english contact form you will find in a previous post.

13 years 9 months ago #3437 by douglas
Dear nola_blue,

When you add custom fields the language is not added automatically to the English language file.

Let's say you want to add the company name Custom Field. You are going to have to add a language string even to the even the English language file. Please follow these directions:
1-Create a new Custom field (or edit the existing Field in English);
2- For the Field's name you are going to enter CF_COMPANY_NAME;
3- Open the English Language file (en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini) and add:
CF_COMPANY_NAME=Company Name
4- Open the German Language file and add:
CF_COMPANY_NAME=Firmenname

If you still cannot figure it out, I'll try to create a new screencast for you with more detailed information.

Kind regards,

13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3438 by nola_blue
it doesnt work. Something is wrong here.

I posted my contact form in english in a previous post.

I added to the en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini the following lines:

TITLE=Title
CF_TITLE 1=Ms.
CF_TITLE 2=Mr.
CF_NAME=Name
CF_FIRST_NAME=First Name
CF_COMPANY_NAME=Company Name
CF_Street_Nr=Street / Nr.
CF_CITY=City
CF_PHONE=Phone
CF_EMAIL=E-mail
CF_TOPIC_OF_INTEREST=Topic of interest
CF_STEAM_TRAPS=Steam Traps
CF_PRESSURE_REDUCING_VALVES=Pressure Reducing Valves
CF_AIR_TRAPS=Air Traps
CF_MESSAGE=Message

To the de-DE.com_contact_enhanced.ini

TITLE=Anrede
CF_TITLE 1=Frau
CF_TITLE 2=Herr
CF_NAME=Name
CF_FIRST_NAME=Vorname
CF_COMPANY_NAME=Firmenname
CF_Street_Nr=Strasse, Hausnummer
CF_CITY=Stadt
CF_PHONE=Telefon
CF_EMAIL=E-Mail
CF_TOPIC_OF_INTEREST=Thema
CF_STEAM_TRAPS=Kondensatableiter
CF_PRESSURE_REDUCING_VALVES=Druckminderer
CF_AIR_TRAPS=Entwässerer
CF_MESSAGE=Nachricht

In German version it doesnt show the line with "Fields marked with * are required." and "Captcha"

Why it doesnt work?