Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Send new form submissions to a group of contacts

13 years 3 months ago #4953 by Byers
Hi Douglas
I desperately need a solution.
I need to send all new form submissions to groups of contacts based on different selections.

e.g if a form is submitted by someone who lives in 'Rosebank' (an area in a town selected from a selectlist -custom field)

then the details of that client will go to a GROUP (call it 'Rosebank Contacts Group') of contacts that can assist that client with what he/she needs.

same goes if someone lives in 'Fourways' - send details to 'Fourways Contact Group'

each group will be different and could have many suppliers etc..

I hope this makes sense?
I have spent hours trying to work it out or see if there is anything like this in the forum with no luck :unsure: - I hope you can help?

Thanks Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #4957 by douglas
Dear Derek,

It is not hard to do at all.

Did you see the Select Recipient Custom Field?

Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...ields/61-select-recipient.html

In the email part of the value you can enter multiple emails separated by commas, it should look something like this:
someone@company1.com,someoneelse@company1.com::Rosebank |someone@company2.com,someoneelse@company2.com::Fourways

I hope it makes sense! ;-)

All the best,

13 years 3 months ago #4958 by Byers
Hi
i tried that -i used a semicolon; instead of a colon and of course it didn't work

its always the simple things that get me..

Thank you - i will try it now
Cheers
:woohoo:
By the way - i'm not sure how many responses you make a day - but you are extremely quick to respond - it is so appreciated.

13 years 3 months ago #4959 by Byers
Hi
it worked.YIPEEEEE :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

i did notice that all the email addresses show in the mails

e.g someone@company1.com,someoneelse@company1.com

I would like this not to be the case and will look for a solution - more investigation...

Cheers
Derek

13 years 3 months ago #4960 by douglas
Dear Derek,

That's the way it is meant to be, because originally it is meant to send that one email to all recipients, but I came up with a solution for you.

Please open [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/controller.php

In the submit function (method actually) find this line:
$sent = $mail->Send();
And change for these ones:
if(is_array($recipient)){
	foreach ($recipient as $recipientEmail){
		$mail->ClearAddresses();
		$mail->addRecipient($recipientEmail );
		$sent = $mail->Send();
	}
}else{
	$mail->addRecipient($recipient );
	$sent = $mail->Send();
}

Now it is going to send one individual email to each address.
This will be added to the next version as well.

All the best,

13 years 3 months ago #4961 by Byers
Hi
Thanks..

I will give it a go. and get back to you.

Cheers

13 years 3 months ago #4962 by Byers
i have found the

$sent = $mail->Send();
- there are 2 lines that the above appears on. I have tried changing the first. then the 2nd. then both with the new code.

Maybe its because i am copying the file from fiezila across to my p.c and some code is being changed, but when i copy it back to the test site i get the following:

'There are some invalid fields, please check fields in red' - which is the recipient field

Obviously i am not a trained I.T or dreamweaver user - what am i doing wrong?

Thank you

13 years 3 months ago #4963 by Byers
it seems there are more than 2 lines that have the code: $sent = $mail->Send();

I am trying to change all of them now.

13 years 3 months ago #4964 by douglas
Dear Derek,

I'll send you a new file in a few minutes by email.

Regards,

13 years 3 months ago #4965 by Byers
That would be Magic..thanks

13 years 3 months ago #4966 by douglas
Dear Derek,

I have already sent the file to your email.
Please let me know if it is working as expected.

All the best,

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #6959 by Byers
Hi Douglas

its been some time since i submitted any queries. I have 2 quetsions....one of which relates to this thread.

Have you managed to get the latest version to enable that each form submission that is made to a number of email addresses is sent out to 1 email address at a time?

i.e. bob@xyz.co.za, joe@abc.co.za| Area1

so when bob get an email he can't see that joe also received an email and visa versa.

I see that you have made it that the select recipient field can now be a checkbox field....which is fantastic.

I am testing this on another site, and notice that there is always a blank checkbox with each field? see img

Thanks

Derek
Attachments: