Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Language file not installing correctly - J1.6

12 years 11 months ago #6307 by momentis
Douglas,

I just upgraded my Joomla 1.6.3 site to CE version 1.6_20110508-0807 and something happened to the language file in the admin panel. See attached.

Thanks!
Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #6308 by momentis
Nor is the front-end language working...

12 years 11 months ago #6309 by douglas
Dear Rick,

That should not happen. I just verified and the language files are in the package.

Please unpack the component package and upload the content of /admin/language/en-GB/ to [path to Joomla]/admininstrator/language/en-GB/
and the content of /site/language/en-GB/ to [path to Joomla]/language/en-GB/

That should fix it for now. I'll take a closer look at it.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6310 by momentis
The files were already there, and at the correct version. I uploaded them again to no avail. I will bet it is likely something stupid with 1.6.3!!

Rick

12 years 11 months ago #6311 by douglas
Dear Rick,

I've just tested on Joomla 1.6.3 and it worked.
How's the directory and language file permission? Are they readable?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6312 by momentis
Folder permission at 755, file at 644. I had the component installed and working, it was only when I upgraded that I saw the issue. Even uninstalled and reinstalled.

12 years 11 months ago #6313 by douglas
Dear Rick,

Do you still have the old version?
Can you install it for testing purposes?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6324 by douglas
Dear Rick,

Did the old version install worked?

It is working correctly here, so it is hard for me to debug.
I've been testing a lot, but I cannot reproduce the problem.

Can you provide FTP access to the language directory so I can try to understand why it is not working?

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6329 by momentis
Morning Douglas!

I uninstalled the latest version. When I did, I received a success message, but also a message stating that the administrator menu could not be removed. The menu item for CE was still there, but with variable names showing up (I have attached a screen shot).

I then installed version 1.6-20110404_1616, and it installed and works as expected.

Shall I try to upgrade again, then pass along login and FTP credentials if I see the problem again?
Attachments:

12 years 11 months ago #6330 by douglas
Dear Rick,

It seems to be the same problem with the language package.
Keep in mind that is not necessary to uninstall CE in order to upgrade or downgrade.

I've made a change to the language files that I believe will fix this issue. I've changed the current package, so if you want to test it you can download it again.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6331 by momentis
The package in the downloads area has the same version as I previously had. Perhaps you just didn't change it? I downloaded again and upgraded, and I have the same problem.

12 years 11 months ago #6332 by douglas
Dear Rick,

I just changed the files in the package, I didn't create a new one.

I'll send a new language file to your email address.

All the best,