Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

How to align displaced names and fields + captcha fields?

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #647 by ranja
The field names and input fields are displaced, and it looks messy. Any idea on how to align them? I guess it is because of the "Enter your message here". I've noticed that on the demo form you've made a "space" so that the "Enter your message here" input field is a bit below the others. How can I accomplish that space on my form? Must i put in <br /> in some file somewhere??

I also wonder how to adjust the field name and input field of image code more to the left.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #648 by ranja
As you can see of image below, the date "chooser" also get displaced...
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #649 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

Have you modified any of the CSS classes, besides removing the .required class?
Can you please provide a URL so I can take a look at it? If it is private, please send through the demo form on my site.

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #650 by ranja
Hi

No, I haven't touched any coding except the one you refer to. And the form looked the same before I did that too, so that's not the reason. Maybe it's a template issue, even though the main table is more than 700px and the form tables are set to 100% and 99% as far as I can read from the "view source code". I work offline, so I cannot provide a link. But I will set up a demo login for you and email it to you. Thanks.

(PS: As logged in you of course won't be able to see the issue with the captcha code input field.)

14 years 9 months ago #651 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

Your template is adding two css classes that are causing this:
div.contact_email .inputbox {float:right}
div.contact_email label {float:left;}
You can do one of the following:
* Remove those lines from your template's CSS file; or
* In the menu item under Systems Parameters add a Page class suffix.

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #652 by ranja
Hi, and thanks for great support.

I followed your first suggestion, went to Template Manager - Edit CSS and outcommented the two code lines with /* */

Now it looks like your demo form, and I am happy as can be. Only adjustment I seek now is to create a small space between date input field and date chooser. Do you have any suggestions for that?

Again, thanks. This is the far best support I've ever gotten from any developer, and I really appreciate it.
Attachments:

14 years 9 months ago #653 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

I do my best to provide the best support possible.

You can add a padding-right:2px to your .inputbox css class. See my template's CSS:
.inputbox {
background:#FFFFFF none repeat scroll 0 0;
border:1px solid #DDDDDD;
color:#666666;
margin:0 5px;
padding:2px; /* this adds a space in all directions */
}

Regards,

14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #654 by ranja
Hi again.

I find many different .inputbox but none that fits this description...

14 years 9 months ago #655 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

You probably can include the padding in any .inputbox{}

The code above is only an example. Your style will probably look very different.

Regards,

14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #868 by ranja
I can't seem to figure this out. No changes when adding padding where this is missing. Here's a list of the .inputbox'es I have:

/* Search Bar */

#searchmod .inputbox {padding: 4px 0 4px 6px;font-size: 100%;float: left;width: 240px;margin: 0;}

form.search_result .inputbox {padding: 4px;}

/* Extra Joomla Elements */

.filter input.inputbox {border: 0;padding: 4px;}

/* Extra Content Styles */

/* div.contact_email .inputbox {float: right;} */ (This one I commented out as you recommended earlier in this thread.)

div.contact_email textarea#contact_text.inputbox {float: left;}

/* Login Styles */

form.form-login .inputbox {padding: 4px 0;line-height: 16px;width: 100%;text-indent: 6px;}

#login-module form.form-login .inputbox {border:1px solid #ccc;background:#fff;color:#333;}

form#josForm .inputbox {float: right;}

14 years 8 months ago #871 by douglas
Dear Ranja,

You can remove the commented line and add this one:

div.contact_email .inputbox {padding:2px}

Regards,

14 years 8 months ago #873 by ranja
Hi, I am sorry but that just doesn't work... Nothing happens. (I do remove cache in browser window.)