Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Contact info not showing

12 years 10 months ago #7268 by redonion
I am having a problem with the contact info not showing for my contact. The only piece of information that displays is the telephone number.

I have ensured in three places (global settings, contact info and menu link) that the street address, city, state, post code and country are set to 'show' rather than 'global' or 'hide'

Do you have any idea why it is doing this?

o2media.redonioncreative.net/ledera/index.php/contact

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #7277 by douglas
Dear Redonion,

The default configuration is set to show all fields, and I see the phone number is displaying correctly, so you've probably configured to hide the address and other info.

I see you are using Joomla 1.6, so all you have to do is make sure those settings are set to Show.
Go to Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on the Options button and under the Single Contact tab check if the info options are set to Show and Save.

These settings can be overridden by the contact, so go to the contact edit page and under the "Display Options" slider, make sure the settings are either set to "Use Global" or to "Show".

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #7282 by redonion
Thanks for the response douglas - but unfortunately these settings are already set to 'show' and the information is still not displaying.

The information is pulled into the map ok - just not the contact details at the top of the form. I have tried placing the details inside the sidebar and below the form without success too.

I'm not sure if its a joomla 1.6 problem as I've used the 1.5 version without issues.

Cheers

12 years 10 months ago #7290 by douglas
Dear Redonion,

Can you please provide an administrator account so I can take a closer look at it?
You can send the login details using the Support -> Contact form, before you do so, please create a full backup. I'm very careful, so this is just a security measure.

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #7356 by rollerbldes
Was there a solution to this? I'm having the same problem.

12 years 10 months ago #7357 by redonion
I've just forwarded my login info to get this checked out.

Cheers

12 years 10 months ago #7358 by douglas
Dear Redonion,

I've updated the download package with the fix. In order to perform a quick fix I did not change the version number.

Please download the latest package and either install it over the old one or just copy the files below to its location:
.zip/site/views/contact/view.html.php to [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/views/contact/view.html.php
.zip/site/helpers/helper.php to [Path to Joomla]/components/com_contactenhanced/helpers/helper.php

Also, please remember that there is no need to uninstall the old version in order to install the new one and that backup is your best friend! ;-) I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #7366 by rollerbldes
I downloaded and reinstalled the CE component, but the address is still not displayed.

12 years 10 months ago #7367 by redonion
Hi Douglas - I have installed the patch without success too. Still the same issue

12 years 10 months ago #7368 by douglas
@rollerbldes and @reonion,

I might have changed something else that I cannot recall.
Can you wait a couple more days?
I'm working on a new feature that I want to finish before I create a new package.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Best regards,

12 years 10 months ago #7369 by redonion
nah thats cool - thanks for all the assistance so far

12 years 10 months ago #7370 by rollerbldes
Sure, I can wait for a few days. The map is good enough for now.