Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

1.5.3 - Text Area Not Displaying

14 years 8 months ago #940 by nak
Hello,

I have installed and configured Contact Enhanced 1.5.3 but the Text fields are not displaying. Only the red corners for the text fields are displaying

Please any advise on what to do or how to go about it?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #941 by douglas
Dear Nana,

It is easier to provide support if you upgrade to the latest version.
In order to download you just have to follow the instruction here: ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-download.html

If after installation the problem persists, please provide a URL so I can take a look at it.

Regads,

14 years 7 months ago #1035 by MooNBeaR
I have the same issue! Here is a screenshot:

scrnsht.jpg[/img]

Please help!
Attachments:

14 years 7 months ago #1036 by MooNBeaR
Just an addition to my previous post. I tried the built-in Joomla contact form and got these results:

scrnsht2.jpg[/img]

I have a feeling there must be some conflict between template css and formatting in the component. Is there a way I can have the forms/fields take on the template's styles (this is, after all, the point of templates - for some consistency throughout the overall site). Where would it be overridden?
Attachments:

14 years 7 months ago #1038 by douglas
This is because Contact Enhanced is adding a image to all required fields ([Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/assets/images/required_bg.gif ), which is overwriting your background image. Unfortunatelly not all browsers support multiple background images, therefore we have to remove one of them:
You have to edit the css file and perform one of the two options:

1. Remove the required image, by removing the class .required:
.required{
      background-image: url(../images/required_bg.gif) !important;

background-repeat: no-repeat !important;
      background-position: top right !important;
      }
File: [Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/assets/css/validate.css

2. Remove the background image and adding a background color, which should be something like this:
.contact_email .inputbox {
      background:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.3) none repeat scroll 0 0;
      }
File: [Joomla]/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/css/your_templates_css_file.css

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1040 by MooNBeaR
That was a very fast response and very much appreciated - especially in my time crunch to get this all working! However, I had already done as you mentioned with option 1 (remove the .required class), which I read in another post in order to remove the "red triangles". They did go away, but I am still left without the template formatting - primarily the fact that the form fields are still "invisible" (they are there - you just can't see them). So are there any other options? As I would rather keep the same look as I have for all other form fields across the site as defined in the template.

Thank you again for your quick support!

14 years 7 months ago #1041 by douglas
Dear Jamie,

Can you post your website's URL? If it is not released for the public yet you can send me an email.
Keep in mind that the way your template's style was conceived you cannot resize your fields, because you have a backgrouund-image that requires your fields to be the same size. At least it is what it looks like, but I'll only know when I see your website live.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1042 by MooNBeaR
What is your e-mail?

14 years 7 months ago #1043 by douglas
Dear Jamie,

Use the email form here: ideal.fok.com.br/contact/support-center.html

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1088 by nak
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response. I am still experiencing it the invisible fields too.

Thanks alot!

14 years 7 months ago #1105 by douglas
Dear Nana,

Did you try the steps above?
You can also try to add a page suffix under the System Parameters in the Menu Item manager.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #1163 by jonnymds
Help- Same deal too. I've tried to change the image and the CSS but no luck

http://www.lindfieldartsfestival.com/index.php?option=com_contact_enhanced&view=contact&id=1:leesa-lemay&catid=59:artists-contact

Any idea how I can make the text boxes appear?