Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Search contacts in CE

11 years 7 months ago #12306 by pansonic
Dear Ideal, before purchase and downloading your extension i need to understand if it fits my needs.

I read a lots of good features supported by CE component, you made a great work.
I wanna be sure that it suit my scenario:

I expect that the guest users of my website could sign in by the front-end, then , once the administrator approved their registration, the users should be able to edit their own contact page by the front-end. If i'm not wrong, theese features are supported.
In addiction to that i need to find contacts by a search module, so the question is:
Is CE compatible with the core Joomla Finder contact-search plugin?
If not, there is a simple way to search the contacts created by CE?

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #12309 by douglas
Dear Pansonic,

Contact Enhanced does not automatically create a contact when the user register, but you can easily create one and assign it to approved/enabled users and then they will be able to edit their contact info; Please read this article:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...tarted/118-front-end-edit.html

Yes, Contact Enhanced is compatible with Joomla core search component. Please just make sure to enable the Search Plugin;

All the best,

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #12379 by pansonic
Hi douglas, and many thanks for your reply.
after a brief we decided to bought your component just on monday (not me, but a guy working with me in the project).

I try CE today, it works good thank you!
Anyway our aim is to make the search more powerful to fit our needs: that is very important for us.
The search module works fine if i insert a single word, or two word from the same field.

But if have more then one condition, things go wrong.
for example:
I search "Paolo" from field /name/ and "Rome" from field /city/
i would expect to obtain the contacts that contain words "paolo" or "rome".
Unfortunately i only obtained no results in my tests. The same flagging each option (per time) of the search joomla module (exact, any, all).
:(
I took a look at contactenhance.php file in /plugins/search/ contactenhanced folder.
if i'm not wrong (i'm not sql/php skilled) it make an alias of any useful text field, and it make use of "or" and "Like" operators to select from "__ce_details" table, so it should do the work.
but i'm not good in php, just markup and i'm not sure of that.
For exemple, if i would like to use the AND operator, is the contactenhance.php file the only file i need to modify?

any suggestion from anyone?
Thank u in advance.

p.s.
I noticed that italian translation is incomplete. I worked on transifex some months ago for a joomla component, i can give help if needed ;)

11 years 7 months ago #12380 by douglas
Dear Pansonic,

Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on the Options button in the toolbar and under the "Search" tab select which fields you want the component to search; Make sure you select the Country if you want to search for this field;

Do you need to create a country search field in the module? Would you be willing to hire me to implement this feature as a custom job? If so, please contact me using the Support -> Contact form; I'm currently working on CE upgrade in order to add compatibility with Joomla 3.0, so I'm very busy right now, but I could implement this for you next month;

PS: Help with Italian translation will be appreciated in order to help other Italian users;

Best regards,

11 years 7 months ago #12385 by ozrebel
Hi Douglas

I have a query about front end editing. I have enabled all of the backend options as instructed in ideal.fok.com.br/component/moo...tarted/118-front-end-edit.html

But I can see no method for actually creating a link on the front end for the user to be able to actually edit their contact details.

Could you please advise me what I might be missing.

Cheers

Tony

11 years 7 months ago #12386 by douglas
Dear Tony,

If you or your user have edit permission for the own contact, you will see an edit icon in the contact linking to the edit page; This icon will be located below the Contact Name, on the right side;

I have added an example in the page below:
ideal.fok.com.br/component/moo...tarted/118-front-end-edit.html

Best regards,

11 years 7 months ago #12389 by ozrebel
Hi Douglas.

Thanks very much for getting back to me so quickly.

If I could put in a feature request (not sure if this is the right place), it would be great if there was a plugin that would allow a contact to edit his own contact record by clicking on a menu link.

Thanks again for letting me know how it works now though :-)

Cheers

Tony

11 years 7 months ago #12390 by pansonic

douglas wrote: Dear Pansonic,

Please go to Components -> Contact Enhanced, click on the Options button in the toolbar and under the "Search" tab select which fields you want the component to search; Make sure you select the Country if you want to search for this field;

Do you need to create a country search field in the module? Would you be willing to hire me to implement this feature as a custom job? If so, please contact me using the Support -> Contact form; I'm currently working on CE upgrade in order to add compatibility with Joomla 3.0, so I'm very busy right now, but I could implement this for you next month;

PS: Help with Italian translation will be appreciated in order to help other Italian users;

Best regards,

Many thanks Douglas. the fields i need to be selected are Ok, i create a new contact to make sure that new information were stored as set, but still i recive no-result when i search an info + country. If i search only info or only country, i have the correct results.

I will let you know about this question if it will be solved or not, or if we will think to a costum country-field search.

About the translation it would be useful for me too, so i will pleased to share it. But i have lots of work now, so I can't do it very quickly ;)

11 years 7 months ago #12392 by douglas
Dear Pansonic,

Ok. Please let me know when you set to Search for country in the Search Options in the Component Options (configurations);

All the best,

11 years 7 months ago #12394 by douglas

ozrebel wrote: If I could put in a feature request (not sure if this is the right place), it would be great if there was a plugin that would allow a contact to edit his own contact record by clicking on a menu link.

Dear Tony,

It would be a bit complicated to implement this right now because the way Contact Enhanced was implemented an user might have more than one contact linked to user; If I add this option to edit from a menu link I would have to loose this multiple contact per user option;

Best regards,

11 years 7 months ago #12428 by pansonic
Dear Douglas, the native search joomla component doesn't satisfy me, so i'd like to test a search component like AceSearch, but i'm not sure it is compatible with your CE (they declare that it is compatible with every 3°part component).

May i install CE+AceSearch on a public test domain without incurring in troubles, because of license?
In term of use, if i'm not wrong, the product purchesed is for single domain. Right now i installed CE on a localhost, but i'm very near to publication and don't won waste all the work.
Is any action required by you, to allow me to test the two components on another test framework ?

Thank you very much

11 years 7 months ago #12431 by douglas
Dear Pansonic,

I've never used AceSearch.
Feel free to test on your local and live site;
If you want to test on someone else's Joomla installation, please make sure to uninstall when you are done;

All the best,