Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

recorded messages - all data

12 years 9 months ago #7153 by Byers
Hi Douglas

I could really use the following feature for the recorded messages from my forms:

I have a few 'select recipient to' fields that i would like to be able to download in the csv format.(its this data that i need to build some feedback reports from)

I notice that all the other fields get downloaded except these. Any chance this can be done. :)

Thanks Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7154 by douglas
Dear Derek,

It will require a lot of work in order to record the Select recipient also in the saved submitted fields and right now I cannot work on this.

What you can do for now is add a hidden field and add the line below in the recipient's Attributes field:
onchange="  $('cf_FIELD_ID').set('value', this.value);"
EDIT: Where FIELD_ID is the Hidden Custom Field's ID;

All the best,

12 years 9 months ago #7156 by Byers
Hi Douglas

I will give a shot...thanks as always.

Cheers
Derek

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #7158 by Byers
Hi Douglas

I tried this off line - no extra field was created in the recorded messages.

If you can develop this - what would the cost be?

Thanks
Derek

============
It works, thank you. A simple correction and just removed the word FIELD.

onchange=" $('cf_FIELD_ID').set('value', this.value);"

Thank you :)

Is there anyway to hide the hidden field in the thank you page or the emails that are sent out - but still have the info recorded in the recorded messages?

If not- can i somehow make the fileds letters/font in 'white' so that on a white background it is not visible?

12 years 9 months ago #7163 by douglas
Dear Derek,

If you use HTML Templates you can remove {custom_fields} from the template.
Please watch this screencast:
ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...l/75-html-template-system.html

Best regards,

12 years 9 months ago #7164 by Byers
Hi Douglas

I am aware that there is {custom_fields} which i can remove.

I was wondering if only certain (selected) fields could be hidden.

This is not very important. Thank you.

12 years 8 months ago #7628 by Byers
Hi Douglas

Just following up on this query... any chance that you have, or have started to create the ability for all the select recipient fields to be captured in the 'recorded messages' so that i can download all the data in .csv format?

I just did some reports for last month and it took me hours to copy each emails fields data into a spreadsheet and then calculate all results in order to give clients feedback.

Thanks Derek

12 years 8 months ago #7630 by douglas
Dear Derek,

Are you using Contact Enhanced for Joomla 1.6+?
If so, I've implemented a way to only display selected custom fields in the HTML template, you can can use this option:
ideal.fok.com.br/support/forum...ed-messages-all-data.html#7154

Now you can also load only some custom fields using this syntax:
{custom_fields:1,2,5,7,34} // Will add only the selected Custom Field ids
{custom_fields} // will add all custom fields

Best regards,

12 years 8 months ago #7632 by Byers
Hi

I'm still on 1.5 - haven't had the time to migrate to 1.6 - and then of course all the software that needs to be updated too. i'll probably just leave this website (that i'm using CE for) on 1.5

Are we talking about the same thing?

The recorded messages are captured in the backend and can be downloaded as a .csv

This is not for the template 'custom fields' being displayed.

I noticed the development to change which fields are displayed...very cool.

cheers

12 years 8 months ago #7641 by douglas
Dear Derek,

I mentioned this {custom_field} option because, based on the thread history, it seemed the only problem why the "hack" I suggested would not work for you.

Please allow me a few more minutes and I'll send you a definitive fix.

Best regards,

12 years 8 months ago #7643 by Byers
Hi
I almost forgot about that...the hidden fields. The strange thing is at the time i could not get the hidden fields to work on my live site- still 1.5.9. 1. It may work if i update to 1.5.9.6

I hadn't update to latest version - another small issue i've been meaning to mention. when installing a newer version - the templates all get reset to the original layout etc. (easy enough to copy the code of each template before installing and then overwrite the newly installed templates)

The other reason was - i tested hidden fields with a test site and i would get data in the hidden fields on odd occassions - like after having selected say 3 'select recipient fields' and then de-selecting one of them - the hidden fields recorded all fields selections. So this could give incorrect data.

Cheers

12 years 8 months ago #7646 by douglas
Dear Derek,

Hidden Fields for the recipient:
Will no longer be required when you change upload the file I sent to you.

Template:
The templates in CE 1.5.x are files in the file system, therefore you have to make a backup of your changes and restore the template changes after each installation. For CE 1.6+ I've moved the templates to the database, which are not overridden on upgrades.
Joomla 1.5 will be no longer supported in a few months, so I will not work on upgrading the templates option to the database, the upgrading procedure would be a bit tricky to deal with.

PS: Next time please try to create new threads for different topics, so it is more organized and easier for other users to benefit from the answers.

All the best,