Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Wrong Validation Code

14 years 2 weeks ago #2663 by ChrisMale81
I have purchased this component for the website i am building ( www.ukpa.net )

When I select the show security question and tried to send a test email, I get this error that says "wrong validation code". But when I select hide security question, the email was sent successfully.

i need to get the security question displaying correctly urgently.

Please help.

Regards,

Chris Male

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #2664 by douglas
Dear Chris,

Did you install the plugin?
Which Captcha library are you using? Please remember that Ajax Contact only works with SecurImage2 and MathGuard;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 weeks ago #2665 by ChrisMale81
Thank you for the very quick response.

Sorry I'm new to joomla and how everything works.

i have only installed the module that was emailed to me. do i have to download SecurImage2 and MathGuard plugin aswell? i just assumed it would be included.

Is there a specific plug in you would recommend?

14 years 2 weeks ago #2666 by douglas
Dear Chris,

Well, it is compatible only with ideal.fok.com.br/joomla/extens...n-multiple-captcha-engine.html

Kind regards

14 years 2 weeks ago #2667 by ChrisMale81
i have downloaded the plugin and i am trying to use reCaptcha. i have generated the API keys from the reCaptcha site, and included them in the plugin configuration yet it is still bringing up "Wrong Validation Code" when i try to send an Email.

Any advice?

14 years 2 weeks ago #2668 by douglas
Dear Chris,

As I mentioned earlier Ajax Contact only works with SecurImage2 or MathGuard;

Ajax Contact used to use only MathGuard and I've been working in order to make it compatible with all captcha libraries, however this is something that takes time!

Kind regards,

14 years 2 weeks ago #2669 by ChrisMale81
i have changed it to SecureImage2 but know the image isn't displaying

Even when i change it to MathGuard and send a message it tells me it has been sent, yet the Emails are not recieved although i have set the correct addresses.

Regards,

Chris
Attachments:

14 years 2 weeks ago #2670 by douglas
Dear Chris,

There is a 500 Error here:
www.ukpa.net/plugins/content/c...ecurImage2/securimage_show.php

This is usually a permission problem;
Please contact your web hosting service provider and ask them to view the error logs. They will be able to tell you what's wrong.

Best regards,

14 years 2 weeks ago #2671 by ChrisMale81
I have checked with our techies, as we host our own sites, and i have been told that permissions are ok for this, but still no image displaying.

More importantly, although a message is shown saying the Email has been sent it, it is being blocked byour servers. Where can i change the smtp settings for sending Emails as we want to use our own, rather than fok101.focalizer.com.br

Regards,

Chris.

14 years 2 weeks ago #2672 by douglas
Dear Chris,

Ok, ask your system administrator to view the error logs, because I'm getting a 500 Internal Server Error when I access the link above;
All 500 errors are logged by the server.

You can change the Joomla mail settings to SMTP in the Global Configuration page under the Server tab;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 weeks ago #2673 by ChrisMale81
we have the Email working properly now thanks for the advice.

still no luck with SecureImage2 though, the permissions have been set.

does the plugin look for background images?

Ragards,

Chris

14 years 2 weeks ago #2674 by douglas
Dear Chris,

I'm glad the email is working correctly.

For this version SecurImage2 does not look for background Image;
I don't know exactly what the problem is because there is a 500 (Internal Server Error), the only way to know exactly what's wrong is viewing the error logs.

Most of the times is just a permission problem (server requires 644 or 755), but it might be a different issue.

Kind regards,