Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

Front end user contact editing

13 years 3 months ago #4952 by pcc
I created a user registration form per the Ideal documentation video. Now how do I create a new form to allow users to edit/update their user information AND contact information?

I created a new [Edit Profile] category form with [Registered] access but when the form is displayed only the Name and Email fields are populated. When existing username and email are entered Ideal Contact Enhanced Component says the Email is already in use and username is not available :S

- JRS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #4954 by douglas
Dear JRS,

Registration forms is not the main purpose of Contact Enhanced, therefore you can only have the registration form, if you want to edit the user details you have to show them a link to the User component. I usually have that in a menu item set the Access Level to Registered.

I'm planing to add that feature to edit the Contact information from the front-end, but I'll only start working on that when I finish the upgrade to Joomla 1.6.

The Name and email fields of the logged in users already comes populated in order to avoid the user from typing a wrong email address.

In order to have a different form for your other contact form you have to create a new category and with all the other fields, because the configuration on the CE registration form is set to register the user.

In the Registration tutorial you can see you had to create a new category called registration, in order to use form for other purposes, just create another category and assign custom fields for that category.

All the best,

13 years 2 months ago #4967 by pcc
Thanks for the fast reply. So is the following correct?:
  • We can't use Contact Enhanced to allow a user to edit existing contact information
  • A user can only change their name, email and password through the User Details menu
  • You might add a front-end user contact edit feature in a future release

- JRS

13 years 2 months ago #4968 by douglas
Dear JRS,

Yes, that is correct! ;-)

Have a great weekend!

All the best,

12 years 9 months ago #7381 by ashelleydesign
Is there a way to make it possible for backend editing of fields inputs.

I purchased sql 2 excel pro -- but the only thing that is exported are the fields filled in by in the form on frontend.

Is ther an easy solution to backend editing of messages
or
Is there a way to configure that all fields in
jos_contact_enhanced_message_fields -- are recorded, even if left empty by the person filling out the form ??

12 years 9 months ago #7382 by douglas
Dear ashelleydesign,

Why do you need the blank fields?
I've created a tool to export the messages to a CSV file that you can open on Excel

Have you tried that?

Also, I'm not sure why your post is related to this thread.

Best regards,

12 years 9 months ago #7383 by ashelleydesign
I replied to this field because I too am attempting to edit the data fields.

Is there a way to import the CSV back into the system after I have made changes to it?

12 years 9 months ago #7384 by ashelleydesign
The CSV exported does not contain the data input per contact -- just a list of contacts.

I need to edit the fields -- example
I have a form submitted and the customer realizes they added the wrong phone number or has since moved from the address they input.

This is the sort of changes I need to make to the data.

12 years 9 months ago #7385 by ashelleydesign
Now the params editor are missing. What in the world happened. I didnt do anything to make that disappear . So now i have uninstall and reinstalll?

12 years 9 months ago #7386 by douglas
Dear ashelleydesign,

It is not the purpose of the Contact Enhanced to allow the user to edit the submitted data. The CSV file created a file with all submitted data plus a few other columns like contact ID, Category ID, date,... I've just tested and it is working correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "params editor", but you should not uninstall Contact Enhanced either way.

Kind regards,

12 years 9 months ago #7388 by ashelleydesign
I am so sorry to waste your time -- you are correct.
The page layout in excel made it look like not all the data was in the rows. It is. Sorry about that.

Question: Can I edit CSV, then re-import.

The PARAMETERS refers to the GLOBAL CONFIGURATION PAGE - see attached

Again, very sorry to waste your time on the EXPORT not including all data.
Attachments:

12 years 9 months ago #7390 by douglas
Dear ashelleydesign,

No problem. ;-)

1- You can only export data via CSV, there is no import feature;
2- The Parameters (Options) button is only available to Super Administrator users. You are probably logged in as an Administrator or Manager.

Best regards,