Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

cefeedback plugin not using default template

13 years 1 month ago #5736 by barnes_53
I have purchased the Contact Enhanced full component. Everything is working as expected except the feedback option (cefeedback plugin). The plugin is working however, the formatting is not being applied. When you click feedback it opens to a plain page and is not displaying my default template style. I have tried different variations of the settings of the plugin and none are working. Is there anyone available to assist with this please.

I can provide the website URL later if required. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #5737 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

It seems to me that your template does not have a component.php file, in other words, it is not ready to use the &tmpl=component in the URL query.

Can you please provide an URL so I can take a closer look?

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5740 by barnes_53
wow...thats a fast response. Awesome. The URL is www.lastrawberryfestival.com

13 years 1 month ago #5743 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

That's what I thought. Your template is not ready for the tmpl "layout":
www.lastrawberryfestival.com/?tmpl=component

You have three options:
1- Contact your template developer to add support for the URL above;
2- Implement the required changes in your template yourself, by following the JA Purity example, see [Path to Joomla]/templates/ja_purity/component.php, but using your template resources (css, js,...) of course.
3- Use a different template for CE Feedback. Go to Extensions ->Plugin Manager -> Search for Feedback and set the Template Parameter to ja_purity. Take a look at the Parameters at this page: ideal.fok.com.br/joomla-extens...hanced/plugin-ce-feedback.html

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5746 by barnes_53
hey Doug,

I am not opposed to option #2 then setting the template in the advanced option to ja_purity. I did seein one of your earlier posts that you recommend ja_purity. Do you have a link for instructions on using the ja_purity template for this while using your default template the rest of the website?

13 years 1 month ago #5747 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

It is done in the Plugin Parameters. Go to Extensions -> Plugin Manager, Search for Feedback to edit it's Parameters.
Set the "Use template" Parameter to "ja_purity" and save it;
That's all.

Best wishes,

13 years 1 month ago #5748 by barnes_53
Doug,

I have downloaded the ja_purity_ii template from www.joomlart.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=864

When I attempt to install the downloaded file (jatc_purity_ii.zip) thru the extensions manager I get the error that it cannot find the XML:

Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Is this the right ja_purity file to install?

13 years 1 month ago #5749 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

I asked you to use ja_purity, because it is installed on Joomla 1.5 by default, but you can use any other template already installed on your Joomla Installation.

Which CE version are you using?

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5750 by barnes_53
I had to reinstall ja_purity bc it was uninstalled at some point. I have it reinstalled successfully now. I have changed the advanced parameters template to use it. It did change the font but not load using the exsiting template or lightbox. I have the cefeedback plugin going to an article using {loadcontact 1}

13 years 1 month ago #5751 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

i think you are confusing the CE Feedback and the CE Content Plugin.

The CE Feedback plugin is the image that displays on the side of your site, like the red tab that I have on this site.

The CE Content plugin adds a form to articles using {loadcontact 1}

I've checked your site and CE Feedback seems to be working correctly, I would just disable the maps from that specific contact (in the Contact Parameters);

Best regards,

13 years 1 month ago #5752 by barnes_53
wow...Doug. I sincerely apologize. I was actually referring to the cefeedback plugin but I thought you can use it like the ce content plugin. However, that was not my issue. I just found out my browser does not like the lightbox. I tried it on another broswer and it worked perfectly. You were seeing it work correctly and I was not becasue of my browser. Thanks for all your help and a wonderful component!

Barnes

13 years 1 month ago #5753 by douglas
Dear Barnes,

Unless you are not using a modern web browser (IE7+, FF, Chrome, ...), CE Feedback should be working just fine.

All the best,