Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

CSS styling weird issue

12 years 11 months ago #6436 by iswy
Hi

I changed the feedback image on the plugin

I have a facebook slidelikebox and wanted the same size tab

Therefore I need to resize the styling of the feedback tab to be able to show the whole image (slightly larger than the ones that comes with the plugins)

I found the styling in the cefeedback.php file in my plugins/system directory and made the changes

However the changes dont show on the site

So i cleaned the site cache, deleted all files from my tmp dir too (am using gantry even though caching is turned off thought what the hell)

Also cleared my browsers cache -- even checked on a different browser

For some reason the site is still using the same old styling

on the a.cefeedback style and therefore not showing my full image

i have no idea why - i have definately changed the correct style (using google chrome inspector, i made the css change live and it works beatifully )

Where has it been cached?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #6438 by douglas
Dear iswy,

It is not clear to me what changes you made, because if you want to display a larger image you don't have to hack the plugin.
You just have to:
1- upload your new image to [Path to Joomla]/plugins/system/cefeedback/
2- select Extensions → Plugin Manager from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation and select the System - Feedback plugin;
3- Change the parameters: Image, Image:hover, Link height and Link Width;

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6441 by iswy
Think the word i am looking for is DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder my changes werent occuring - never noticed advanced parameters

From a usability point of view i can understand why you split up the parameters, although maybe a text line in the normal parameters saying to stupid people like myself to check out adv. parameters for further settings!!!

Thanks a load!!!!!!! Phew -- now one more issue
as noted by someone else, language files didnt install properly for the feedback plugin
which means when i hover over all i see is
CE_PLUGIN_FEEDBACK_DESC

I tried making my own language file
an empty file with
CE_PLUGIN_FEEDBACK_DEC=Click here to contact us

However it doesnt seem to change anything? Do i need " after the = and at the end?

I have to say i love contact enhanced what a fantastic component - and now i know great support to

Well done!!!!

12 years 11 months ago #6443 by douglas
Dear iswy,

It depends which version you are using.
I've added CE_PLUGIN_FEEDBACK_DESC to the Contact Enhanced's language file the latest versions.

For Joomla 1.6 add:
CE_PLUGIN_FEEDBACK_DESC="Click here to contact us"
to:
[Path to Joomla 1.6]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contactenhanced.ini

For Joomla 1.5 add:
CE_PLUGIN_FEEDBACK_DESC=Click here to contact us
to:
[Path to Joomla 1.5]/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_contact_enhanced.ini

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6445 by iswy
Finally
Thanks dude!!!

I was busy trying to create a seperate language file for the plugin

Thanks a load
all working perfectly now
have a wicked day
peace....
i.s.w..y

12 years 11 months ago #6446 by iswy
Spoke too soon dude
:-(

I have no idea why but now when i click my tab i no longer get it up in a lightbox
its loading the whole page

ie my template and site disappear and i am left with only the form

until now the lightbox was working great

Any ideas why?

12 years 11 months ago #6447 by douglas
Dear iswy,

That's odd.
Did you install any new extension?

Can you please provide a link so I can take a look at it?

Regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6449 by iswy
Sure mate
d538472.u80.euro2world.net/

sorry for the crappy url - building it on a temporary location till client transfers domain over

also apologise it's all in hebrew!!!!
but you'll get the idea
the contact us page can be seen on the main menu by clicking this link
צור קשר

On the left of the main menu at the top, not the first one on the left, but the next one (it's neear the end to be precise - hebrew is read right to left)

However feedback tab issue has not been the whole time
it was working great
only just noticed an issue

Nope no new extension
no iframe blocker (as mentioned by another on the forum)

As you'll see my size of tab, position, and the text hovering over is now all working thanks to you... but now this weird issue....
even tried re-uploading the original feedback plugin php file (seeing as my changes there hadn't helped, and only need to change stuff in adv. parameters)....

Cant' figure out whats going on

also cant think of anything changed since i last saw it working (about an hour ago)

12 years 11 months ago #6450 by iswy
Oh and just in case you are confused
it's the ORANGE TAB taht says צור קשר
on the right under the facebook tab

12 years 11 months ago #6451 by iswy
Hmmm just noticed a couple of things
It's not directly linked to contactenhanced this problem

I noticed also i had a RokStories slideshow....which is showing the three thumbs on the front page....but not the slides

The phoca Gellery latest images module (the 15 little thumbs going across page) also opened up in a lightbox --- now they dont

Weird

I did delete a load of crappy modules just now....thats the only major change i made

They were all modules of the type CUSTOM so can't think why that would have caused this

What does the feedback thing need to function correctly in a popup?

Maybe it can help me figure out the source to this issue.

12 years 11 months ago #6454 by douglas
Dear iswy,

Contact Enhaced uses MooTools to validate the form and to perform some effects and the AJAX calls;

MooTools is the Joomla default javascript library, therefore most templates use MooTools for their fancy things such as menus and slideshows; Your template or other extensions (modules, plugins, components) shouldn't use another javascript library other than MooTools, however if it does use another library such as JQuery it might be incompatible with many MooTools based scripts;

You have an extension that uses JQuery. I don't know which extension it is because it is loading a remote file ( ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js ).

Solution:
JQuery can be used with MooTools, as long as the developer follows JQuery guidelines. When you find out which extension is load jQuery, you might want to suggest this feature to the extension's developer:
docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

Advice:
Always choose extensions that are 100% compatible with Joomla Framework;
Do not use JQuery in Joomla based websites, this way you will avoid incompatibilities and will load less javascript, therefore your website will load faster.

Best regards,

12 years 11 months ago #6455 by iswy
Thanks a load mate

Immediately i notice it was the phoca gallery image module (the one with the 15 images displaying on the site) i disabled and all working

WEIRD THOUGH

Firstly - i knew it was this module as it was causing mootools issues with Kunena forum - so i disabled it on the forum pages........

HOWEVER
It was working everywhere else - alongside the feedback of contact enhanced etc
and has been working great for 3 weeks

Why would is suddenly cause an issue

It seemed to break up contact enhanced feedback and rokstories -- but was working sweet till now -- and no, didnt update or change the module at all
(simply changed the parameter from showing 10 images to 15)....

any ideas??
No it's nothing to do with you ...just picking your brain

AND THANKS AGAIN MATE
:-)