Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Frequently Asked Questions using Joomla content articles. iFAQ (former MooFAQ) is a FAQ Component for Joomla!™ which uses jQuery and Bootstrap to load Joomla Articles in Accordion format.

Product Page | Documentation Page

Some MooFAQ admin label variables not being resolved

13 years 3 days ago #7014 by cas
I just installed MooFAQ into Joomla 1.6.3. Many admin label variables are not being resolved. See the attached screen shots.

Thanks,
Chuck

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 3 days ago #7017 by douglas
Dear Chuck,

I'm sorry about that. I'm not really sure why the new language files were not been used, so I just overrode them and it seems to be working now.

Please download the latest version from:
ideal.fok.com.br/purchase-and-...-extensions.html?tpl=purchases

Please keep in mind that there is no need to uninstall the old version and that backup is your best friend! I've worked a lot to make the update process very easy and safe, but accidents do happen, therefore I always advise to make a FULL backup first;

Best wishes,

13 years 3 days ago #7019 by cas
Thanks Douglas,

I found one more unresolved variable. See screen shot.

Regards,
Chuck

13 years 3 days ago #7020 by cas
I didn't see my screen shot attached to my last post, so I'm attaching again.

13 years 3 days ago #7021 by cas
Okay, I still don't see the attachment, so I'm trying it as a zip file. If this doesn't work, let me know how to send the attachment to you.

Thanks,
Chuck

13 years 2 days ago #7022 by douglas
Dear Chuck,

The language files were not copying to the correct location. I've just fixed it.
If you want you don't have to install the package again, all you need to do is copy the files from:
[Path to Joomla]/components/com_moofaq/language/
[Path to Joomla]/administrator/components/com_moofaq/language/
to:
[Path to Joomla]/language/
[Path to Joomla]/administrator/language/

All the best,

13 years 2 days ago #7025 by cas
Hi Douglas,

I can wait to reinstall the language files until you get a fix for the big problem, which is I get a 404-Page Not Found error when I try to go to FAQ page after installing the latest MooFAQ update. Any news on that problem yet?

Thanks,
Chuck

13 years 2 days ago #7030 by douglas
Dear Chuck,

I'm not sure what's the error.
Did you uninstall MooFAQ prior to installing? You don't have to do that, but if you did you will probably need to save your menu items again.

If that's not the problem, please provide a direct link so I can take a look at it.

All the best,

13 years 2 days ago #7031 by cas
Hi Douglas,

I just tried to uninstall MooFAQ, but I am getting this error during the uninstall. See attachment. What should I do to completely remove MooFAQ before reinstalling it?

Thanks,
Chuck

13 years 2 days ago #7032 by douglas
Dear Chuck,

You did not need to uninstall. But if you want to completely remove it you can rename the [Path to Joomla]/administrator/manifests/packages/pkg_moofaq.xml
to
[Path to Joomla]/administrator/manifests/packages/pkg_MooFAQ.xml

I've already fixed that in the latest package.

I'm sorry about all this trouble. It is usually very simple to install and upgrade. If you are still having trouble with it you can provide an administrator account and I'll install it for you.

Best wishes,

13 years 2 days ago #7033 by cas
Hi Douglas,

I renamed the file and it uninstalled completely. Thanks. Now I want to reinstall MooFAQ, but I want to install the latest version with all the fixes included that we have discussed. Where is this latest version? The version on your website is still the same version as the one I downloaded yesterday. Is there a newer version I can download?

Thanks,
Chuck

13 years 2 days ago #7034 by douglas
Dear Chuck,

I din't go through the trouble to I was rushing to get the solution as soon as possible, so I just replaced the files inside the package instead of creating a brand new installation package, which takes time.

I've just doubled checked and the last modified date is less than 4 hours ago, which means it is the correct file.

You should not run into any more trouble, but if you do please let me know ASAP so I can work on it.

Best wishes,