Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Ideal Related Articles (iRelated) displays related articles to Joomla articles. Quickly increase your readers' engagement with your articles by adding Ideal Related Articles inside your content.

Product Page

IRelated not working

10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #14892 by sitestorm
I'm having trouble getting iRelated to work.

I've installed it and activated the plugins but see the following errors/warnings:

On the article edit page I start typing, but (after more than 3 characters and knowing there should be results) the ajax suggestions do not show. Also, this is shown on top of the page: 'Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /joomla_path/plugins/system/irelated_admin/irelated_admin.php on line 158'

Also, in the component on the articles tab I just get this SQL error, nothing else shows: 'Table 'database.prefix_irelated' doesn't exist (and then the attempted query)'

Needless to say: I need help :)

Joomla 2.5.11
iRelated latest (downloaded 2 days ago)
PHP 5.3.23 on linux

edit: accidentally posted in the wrong forum... doh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 9 months ago #14893 by douglas
Dear sitestorm,

I have sent you the fix and updated the file in the site.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Best regards,

10 years 9 months ago #14923 by sitestorm
Thank you for the fix, it did the trick :)

I had to manually clean out the database table, but after that it works like a charm.

10 years 8 months ago #15053 by sitestorm
I found a small bug which doesn't really deserve it's own topic, so I thought I'd put it in here:

It seems like an article won't be added if it has an apostrophe in the title. (ex. "Baby's"). The search finds it correctly but when clicked it is not added as a related article.

10 years 8 months ago #15054 by douglas
Dear Sitestorm,

I could not reproduce the error locally.
I have even tested on the demo site and it worked. Keep in mind that some items take a second or two longer to be added to the list, depending on your server load because of the Ajax Call.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15055 by sitestorm
I've just reproduced it in the demo site by adding a ' to the article Administrator Components and trying to add that as a related article in another article.

10 years 8 months ago #15056 by douglas
Dear Sitestorm,

I have just added Administrator Components' as a related article in "Banner Module" without problems in the demo site.

Which browser are you using?

PS: the demo site's database is refreshed every 30 minutes, so you might not see the change if you take long to visit the page.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15057 by sitestorm
Yup,

Apparently it is on my end somehow...

I'm using Chrome 29 on Mac. I've just checked and it works in FF.

Guess I should have done some more testing, just didn't occur to me this could be a browser issue.

10 years 8 months ago #15058 by douglas
Dear Sitestorm,

I'll investigate this issue.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15060 by douglas
Dear Sitestorm,

I have sent a file to you to fix this issue;

Let me know if the problem persists.

Best regards,

10 years 8 months ago #15061 by sitestorm
Yup, that fixed it, tnx!

9 years 11 months ago #17193 by attila.elekes
My component is getting an error while I open the Article page (index.php?option=com_irelated&view=articles).

Table 'db_home.home_irelated' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.checked_out, a.checked_out_time, a.catid, a.state, a.access, a.created, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.ordering, ...

It seems the installer can't create the tables.

Can you fix it?

Thanks! :)