Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Basic Question about Displaying Form

14 years 7 months ago #1025 by mcgreeveyg
I am very new to Joomla and have just purchased and installed the Contact Enhanced component. It seems to be exactly what we need.

I am trying to create a contact form that users can fill out and which will be emailed back to us.

I have created the catagory, created a contact name for the email address, created custom fields but I cannot figure out how to get the darn form to display.

It seems that I can display the contact list or contact details thorugh the menu manager. How do I get the form to display connected to a menu item??

Probably a basic question that has haunted me for hours today!

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #1028 by douglas
Dear Greg,

Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation. For example, if a Menu is called "Main Menu", select Menus → Main Menu.
Select The Contact Enhanced Menu Type, it will expand and then you Choose either the Category Layout (in case you want to display a list of contacts) or the Contact Layout.
Fill the menu form and it's parameters.

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to call me.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1030 by mcgreeveyg
Thanks for your quick reply.

I figured out that my problem was I did not have an email address in for the form yet. It would display the contact text but not the form.

Once I put the email address in the form popped up perfectly!

Excellet component thanks!