Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

File Size Limitations

14 years 7 months ago #1070 by pscarnegie
How do I change the file size limitations. It is not located in the "global configuration" as described within the help file, and regardless of what I set the file limit to within "custom fields" area, the limit always displays 300KB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #1071 by douglas
Dear Paul,

Please unpack the file attach and upload the files to these location:
[Joomla]/components/com_contact_enhanced/customFields.class.php
[Joomla]/administrator/components/com_contact_enhanced/custom_fields/multiplefiles.xml

Regards,

This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 3 months ago #1893 by offroadresq
Douglas....I get this error after overwriting your files

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in /home/mediamar/public_html/components/com_contact_enhanced/customFields.class.php on line 26

any thoughts?

14 years 3 months ago #1896 by douglas
Dear Chris,

This fix was release over 4 months ago. The latest version has changed a lot since then and has this fixed already;

Which version are you running?

Regards,

14 years 2 months ago #2131 by exlemor
Hi there,

Overall great component [which I just had my customer buy] but I'm running the latest version:

com_contact_enhanced_1.5.6

as per your email and yet, I still have the same 300kb limitation eventhough I'm running PHP v5.3.1 with memory_limit = 32M ? ?

HELP :)

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

14 years 2 months ago #2134 by douglas
Dear Emmanuel,

You have to set the max fiile size limit in the Custom Field parameters;
Go to Contact Enhanced -> Custom Fields -> [the file custom field that you have already created]; At the right side you will see the parameters; It should be a few parameters there;

Kind regards,

14 years 2 months ago #2136 by exlemor
Hi Douglas,

OK so that seemed to work now i'm getting this error message:

There was an error uploading the file, please try again!

the file is only 2.6megs and I've allowed 10,240kb so that should be the issue...

I have a path which is /home/domainname/public_html/documents/

and the documents folder at least for now has 777 permissions [linux server]

and yet it's still giving this error...

:(

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Emmanuel.

14 years 2 months ago #2137 by douglas
Dear Emmanuel,

It could be timing out;

You can change the max_input_time and/or max_execution_time in the PHP.INI;

Kind regards,

13 years 10 months ago #2905 by lateralus
Hi exlemor,

did you manage to solve your problem?? I have the same!!!

I tried to clear the cache, used different browsers...

My php value are :
php_value post_max_size 40M
php_value upload_max_filesize 20M
that should be ok ! I don't have problems with docman or with other upload functions!

I haven't tried to play with max_input_time and/or max_execution_time yet

Anything to do with htaccess?? I have to try without being password protected may be??

and I will tell you...

Thanks

Ludo

13 years 10 months ago #2906 by douglas
Dear Ludo,

You should not have any problem with htaccess.

Please make sure the uploaded files directory is writable, also please check if this directory point to the right directory path.
The "Path to uploaded files" option is located at Components -> Contact Enhanced -> Configuration, select the Security tab.

If you are not sure if that's the correct path, just remove the path and save the configuration so it will get the default directory.

Best regards,

13 years 10 months ago #2907 by lateralus
Thanks for the quick answer, as usual ;)

The config is good cz I can upload files under 300Ko without any problem but as soon as I upload a file bigger than 300 Ko, I have the error message as described above!

I haven't tried your fix but I guess it's not good any more since the last versions??
I've just updated from version 1.5.2, that might be the reason???

Thanks again ;)

13 years 10 months ago #2908 by douglas
Dear Ludo,

uhmm.... All "Multiple Files" Custom Fields have the 300kb limitation by default. You can raise that value to whatever you want, you just have to Edit the Custom Field's Max File Size parameter.

Go to Contact Enhanced -> Custom Fields, select the Multiple Files Custom Field that you have already created;
At the right side you will see the parameters;
Set "Max file size" to the maximum file size that you want to allow (in Kb);

Best regards,