Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

SSL not working with Contact Enhanced??

14 years 7 months ago #1292 by jsundberg
I just had a SSL Certificate installed last week and I'd like to put it to work. At this point what I want to do is secure the Admin on the backend and the Contact Us form on the front end. My website is www.blackhillswebworks.com/

I've got "Force SSL" set to "Administrator Only" in Global Configuration, and in the menu link for the Contact Us (Contact Enhanced) page I've got SSL Enabled set to "On" in the Parameters (System). Getting "https" to show up in the address bar was sporadic at best. I went into my cPanel and set up two redirects thinking this might do the trick. One was to force "www" for SSL to work, and the other was to redirect " www.blackhillswebworks.com/contact-us " to " www.blackhillswebworks.com/contact-us ". Those still didn't work.

I reopened my original SSL support ticket to see if Rochen (my web host) could help me with this and they said this was a Joomla script issue, which I was afraid of. They did give me some helpful advice about putting the Rewrites in .htaccess in front of the Joomla! core SEF Section. Doing this made the "www" redirect work like a charm, but when I clicked on the menu link for Contact Us firefox gave me following error:

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

Is this issue somehow connected to Contact Enhanced? I just set up a generic Contacts menu link in the bottom menu with SSL Enabled set to "On" and it's switching back and forth from "https" to "http" perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #1293 by jsundberg
Update:
I've noticed that when I click on Contact Us in the bottom menu, which is a Menu Link to the Contact Enhanced "Contact Us" menu item/page, the "https" seems to work.

However, in IE8 I get the following error when I try to access the Contact Us page:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site www.blackhillswebworks.com/contact-us . Operation aborted."

When I click OK it brings up an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message and blank page. When I click the back arrow it brings up the Contact Us page but with the following error:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:52:50 UTC

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0
Code: 0
URI: www.blackhillswebworks.com/contact-us

14 years 7 months ago #1294 by douglas
Dear John,

First of all I want to apologize for the delay.

Did you get it fixed? I accessed www.blackhillswebworks.com/contact-us and it worked, correctly.
How did you fix it?

Best regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1295 by jsundberg
Thanks for checking on this.

I'd have to say it's not working correctly yet. If you access it through the bottom menu it comes up as secure, but through the top menu it doesn't. If you're in secure mode and you click on another menu item through the top menu you stay in secure mode. If you're in secure mode and you click on one of the other bottom menu items you leave secure mode.

Internet Explorer 7 and 8 is having trouble loading the Contact Enhanced "Contact Us", though it loads the Joomla Contact Us just fine. Not sure, but maybe this is a Captcha issue?

Still working on it...

14 years 7 months ago #1296 by douglas
Dear John,

I'm not on a Windows machine right now, therefore I cannot test it on IE.

I don't think it has anything to do with Captcha, however can you disable it to see it works?

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1298 by jsundberg
Turning off Captcha in the Menu Item parameters fixed the IE error. Going to look into this further.

14 years 7 months ago #1299 by jsundberg
MathGuard and SecureImage both work in IE. Looks like a ReCAPTCHA issue when used with Contact Enhanced.

I'm also using ReCAPTCHA on my blog comments (K2 component from JoomlaWorks) and the page loads fine there. Hmmm.

Any ideas?

14 years 7 months ago #1300 by jsundberg
Just noticed I was using Captcha 1.5.4 so I downloaded 1.5.6 and installed that but still no change.

14 years 7 months ago #1301 by douglas
John,

I just download K2 to see if there it's ReCaptcha library and it is the exact same file that My captcha plugin is using.

Right now I'm checking ReCAPTCHA website and will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1302 by douglas
Dear John,

I've just updated the Captcha Plugin. Please download the latest version which fixes the problem!

Regards,

14 years 7 months ago #1303 by jsundberg
Downloaded and installed 1.5.7 but still getting errors in IE. Here's one set of error messages I'm getting:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.2)
Timestamp: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:31:31 UTC

Message: 'document.emailForm.screen_resolution' is null or not an object
Line: 361
Char: 3

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
Line: 0
Char: 0

Thanks for persevering!

14 years 7 months ago #1304 by jsundberg
Also getting this:

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:33:19 UTC

Line: 59
Char: 102
URI: www.blackhillswebworks.com/media/system/js/mootools.js

and this

Webpage error details

Timestamp: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 22:34:23 UTC

Message: Could not complete the operation due to error 800a03e8.
Line: 96
Char: 4
URI: seal.godaddy.com/getSeal?sealI...tuGxclNTooEGLMpqt9rSudtdjYIp8P