Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Proper Update Process

8 years 9 months ago #20029 by emedia
The conventional update process through Joomla backend "Update Manager" never seem to work with Contact Enhanced Pro.

Currently using:

Joomla 3.4.3 with Contact Enhanced Pro pkg_contactenhanced_3.4.4.3__PRO__20150615_1435

Attempting an update produces:

Error
Invalid extension update

Notice
Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.
I've been able to update the last few times through downloading the package from your site, sifting through the various options, choosing package, plugins etc. It would be better if we could use the update process through Joomla. Why does this never work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 8 months ago #20037 by support
Dear emedia,

Unfortunately the shopping cart we use doesn't work with Joomla update system, however we have started implementing this feature ourselves, but only got to the new version notification part, so it only notifies you about the new version. We've had to focus our efforts on something else, but we'll finish implementing this integration in a couple months or so. In the meanwhile please use the regular upgrade method which is the same as the installation.

Thanks for understanding.

Best regards,

8 years 19 minutes ago #21293 by ernienet
Hi Douglas,

Has there been any progress on this? I have 24 sites, and use Watchful.li to update most extensions, but I still need to update CE and another component manually on each site, which is very time-consuming.

Thanks,

Ernie

7 years 11 months ago #21294 by support
Dear Ernie,

Have you tried the automatic update lately?
It should already be working.

Best regards

7 years 11 months ago #21297 by ernienet
It didn't work last time - something about not finding a valid license. Updates show up in Watchful.li, but the updates fail. I've listed the sites in my license, separated by commas, etc. (updated this morning, since I noticed it no longer limits me to 10) - is that the basis for finding the license?

Next time there's an update, I'll take note of any errors/failures and see if I can troubleshoot it and figure out what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks,

Ernie

6 years 5 months ago #23692 by vickipayne
Hi we have 100 plus sites and have never been able to upgrade from the site automatically (OR Watchful) - any tips on how to get automatic update working?

Cheers,

Peter

6 years 5 months ago #23708 by support
Dear Peter,

I've never used Watchful.li, but the Joomla automated installation should work properly as long as you have all your domains linked to your subscription. Please go to Account -> My Downloads and make sure all domains are on "Domains you wish to install this product on" Enter every domain separated by comma, and DO NOT add 'www', 'http://' or 'https://'

PS: I noticed there was an issue with the Joomla Update system which was not downloading the updated. I've managed to reproduce the problem locally and fix it, so if you were having this issue it should be fixed now.

Best regards,

6 years 5 months ago #23713 by vickipayne
Thanks Douglas - the Joomla update is now working (thanks for fixing this)....

We have 100 plus sites using Contact Enhanced and the back end download section only allows 30 domains to be listed for updates - do we need to purchase additional licenses?

Secondly we use Watchful to run mass updates (which you need to do when you are managing 100 plus websites) - can you check this out and let me know if this is something you can initiate with Watchful - watchful.li/ - I suspect it would need a download key option added at their end.....

Cheers,

Peter

2 years 6 months ago #25918 by tapiochre
Hi Douglas

We have 130+ sites using the Pro subscription plan. When I add domains to my subscription list, I see it truncates at 100 domains. This is a bit of a pain as it means I have to manually upload latest versions of CE to the remaining 30 or so sites.

The 100 limit isn't documented (as far as I can tell).

Can you advise please?
Chris

2 years 6 months ago #25919 by support
Dear Chris,

I've removed this limitation. Can you please try again?

Best regards,

2 years 6 months ago #25920 by tapiochre
Absolutely perfect! Thank you SO much!

Chris