Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Free Text field is showing up in the email data.

7 years 1 month ago #23007 by billneckman
Hi Douglas,
Due to some complex questions, I had to use free text for the survey question label, however the free text labels are not showing up on the email. Any ideas why? Also is possible to add some margin after each field data. (See screenshot)

Thank you
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #23008 by billneckman
Almost forgot, some of the question are 123 characters long, and they are been truncated, How can I increase the label character max? Thank you

7 years 1 month ago #23009 by support
Dear billneckman,

The Free Text Form Field type is designed to display it's content in the form (front-end) only. If you want to display it in the email right now you have two options:
1. Create a Hidden Form Field type and add the same contents to this field;
2. Change the HTML Email Template and add the content of the Free Text Form Field directly to the template.

I can implement an option to display the FreeText Form Field in the email as well, however it will only be available in the next version which will be released in 2 or 3 weeks.

Best regards,

7 years 1 month ago #23010 by support
Greetings,

As for the Label length you can run the SQL below (just replace #__ with your Joomla Database Table Prefix):
ALTER TABLE `#__ce_cf` CHANGE `name` `name` VARCHAR(1024);
ALTER TABLE `#__ce_cf` CHANGE `label` `label` VARCHAR(1024);
ALTER TABLE `#__ce_cf` CHANGE `alias` `alias` VARCHAR(1024);

For safety purposes, don't forget to create a backup first.

Best wishes,

7 years 1 month ago #23011 by billneckman
Thank you for the quick reply.
I'll try option 1

Regarding the long questions been truncated is there anything I can do. (Because of the I had to use free text field, however if I fix the truncation issue I will need to use free text field in some places)

Example this question is been truncated: 10. Approximately, how many times did you attend live performing arts events of any kind over the last 12 months? see here symphonyoftheamericas.org/surveytest.html

7 years 1 month ago #23012 by support

7 years 1 month ago #23013 by billneckman
Thank you I'll try that.

I added a hidden field and it works, however I need to add some padding/margin after each answer.

Section 1: I. About your concert Experience (Hidden Field)
Symphony Evening Concert at BCPA: 2 or 3 each year (Add margin after answer)
Symphony Matinee Concert at BCPA: 2 or 3 each year
Serenades @Sunset at Pier Top: 2 or 3 each year
Summerfest Concert July or August: 2 or 3 each year

7 years 1 month ago #23014 by support
Dear billneckman,

You can add the ;margin-top:10px to the Label styling under the Parameter tab in the edit template page:
storage1.static.itmages.com/i/...9103594_6077539_0af7fd251e.png

Have a good night,

7 years 1 month ago #23016 by billneckman
Thank you! you are the best!!
You too have a great night

7 years 1 month ago #23017 by billneckman
Douglas,
I added the css to the template parameters but is not applying any margin to the email output data.
this is what I have setup: font-weight:bold;display:block;padding-top:8px;margin-top:15px

The output is still looking like this:
I. About your concert Experience: I. About your concert Experience
Symphony Evening Concert at BCPA: Most Months
Symphony Matinee Concert at BCPA: Most Months
Serenades @Sunset at Pier Top: Most Months
Summerfest Concert July or August: Most Months

Also the hidden field is not displaying the label unless I add a value, is that normal? As you can see in the above text the label is showing twice, (I need the hidden field to display in bold and to display any value as the purpose of using is just to display a label) (See email output screenshot)
Thank you
Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #23022 by support
Dear billneckman,

1. I'm currently working on the Contact Enhanced for Joomla 3.7. Do you plan to upgrade in April whe it is released? This issue has already been fixed in CE for Joomla 3.7, but I cannot create a new package right now.
www.joomla.org/announcements/r...is-just-around-the-corner.html

In the meanwhile, can you try the table format? Just replace
{form_fields }
with
{form_fields format=|table| }

2. That's how it was designed to work. For the next version you'll be able to add show_empty_fields=|1| in order to show empty field labels.

3. I don't see the same label showing twice.
Symphony Evening Concert at BCPA: Most Months
Symphony Matinee Concert at BCPA: Most Months

Best regards,

7 years 1 month ago #23027 by billneckman
Hi Douglas,

1. I always upgrade CE as soon as becomes available.
I tried using {formfields format=|table|} but id did not work in the email I just got {formfields format=|table|} no data

2. I added an empty div as value in the hidden field and that makes the label to show up in the email.

3. Please disregard about the label showing twice.

Note: This morning another issue with the CE dashboard arise. (The dashboard is expanding the first column very wide and creates a horizontal scroll-bar (I tried in Firefox and Chrome with the same results ) See attached screenshot.

Thank you
Attachments: