Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

CE Upload Files Suddenly Stopped Functioning

5 years 8 months ago #24382 by neilw
Had it working on two forms for the client, but suddenly neither form works. Will send the form material, but the upload files returns an error when you click on the Upload button. Cannot select any files.

Error: NotFoundError. Error: File type not allowed.

The files for testing were the correct size and type. I even tried turning off the Safety Check setting, but still get the error. Can click on the Upload button, navigate to the files, but when you select a file, get the error. Used to work just fine. Can't think of any changes made, so not sure why it has stopped working. Client had someone wanting to use the form and they notified me of the issue.

This is using the Ajax upload setting. When I turn that off, it will at least show that it is selecting the files for upload, although I've not yet tried an actual upload with Ajax off. As mentioned before, it has always worked fine in testing using Ajax since installation, but suddenly stopped, so not sure what's happened.

Thanks.

bssboc.org.uk/index.php/join-the-club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #24383 by support
Dear Neil,

I'm not exactly sure what's the problem. I have submitted the form without any issue.

5 years 8 months ago #24384 by neilw
Just checked the 2nd form and it works if I turn off the Ajax setting. However, it is also not as good an interface without the Ajax look, etc.

5 years 8 months ago #24385 by support
Dear Neil,

When I submitted the form, the "Use Ajax" setting was enabled.

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24386 by neilw
Very strange things happening. The client reported the issue this morning UK time. When I tried it a little bit agao, with Ajax got tyhre error message numerous times on both forms. While I was trying the registered-user form without ajax, got your reply, so tried the main upload form (application forms) and it now allowed attaching files like normal.

However, in trying it several times, very often it won't send on the first submit and goes back to the top with no errors showing. Filling in the Subject again allows a send.

But even with a successful send, I am now getting a new error after the send. I get a system notice at the top of the page saying: You must provide at least one recipient email address.

I've checked and double checked the CE contact for the upload form, and I also do get the email at that address. Can't figure out what the error message is about.

Also puzzled why this thing would not work for so many hours, then started working again.

5 years 8 months ago #24387 by neilw
Just tried the registered form with ajax on and it works okay now. Strange. And it did not have the "You must provide at least one recipient email address." notice after the send. Tried the Application form in Chrome and it still ends with the Notice: You must provide at least one recipient email address. Not sure what it is referring to since the CE Contact is valid and it does send the email to me as well as the copy.

Another oddity with that form is that the email I get using the default template is supposed to have a graphic at the top that I edited into the template. In the registered user upload form, that graphic (a logo) comes through fine. But since the problem started, the non-regostered user Application upload form email I get shows the logo as missing. Same template so not sure why it would somehow lose it's graphic when the other form has the logo oaky in the email.

5 years 8 months ago #24388 by neilw
In looking at the source for the emails received, the email from the Picture Upload form (registered users) shows the graphic correctly linked to the complete site url for the image. However, the email that has that graphic missing (from the Application upload form) shows the graphic link is missing the first part and is truncated to a relative url. That's odd since both forms use the same email template. Not sure why when one form sends the email the link is the full url, whereas the other form is sending a relative url only.

CE Admin component = 3.8.4.1 (might this be where the issue is???)
CE Site Pkg = 3.8.4
CE Form = 3.8.4
System - CE Feedback = 3.8.3

5 years 8 months ago #24392 by neilw
Today I tried the following:
1) Duplicated the form module
2) Duplicated email template, and deleted the graphic, then added it back in.

I no longer get a System message about missing a recipient, and instead am now getting a pop-up thank you message. However, the email I and the submitter get still does not have a correct link to the graphic/logo, instead has a relative url.

I realize that the standard WYSWYG editor (JCE or TinyMCE) strips url's from the email template and makes them relative. But why then does the other upload form using the same email template show the graphic fine and has a full url to the image within the email? Doesn't make sense that the one form emails the correct image url, but another upload form does not.

Question 1:
When editing the email templates, do I need to momentarily turn off the Relative URLs option in the JCE or TinyMCE editors? Then save with full url, going back to reset the editor settings afterwards?

Question 2:
Any ideas why the Ajax upload feature didn't work for several hours yesterday? Is there some source it looks for on the internet that may have been down? While it's working now, very curious why it was out for so long.

Thanks.

5 years 8 months ago #24394 by neilw
Okay, I have CE installed on another new website I'm testing and the form submission sends the same Default email and an image I added is linked and shows.

Also went back to the BSS website where this started as a problem and I tried the Feedback form. It uses the same Default email template and it comes through just fine.

That appears to show that the only form not sending the email with the right image link comes from that Join upload form. Is it possible that that module is corrupt and has to be recreated from scratch? I already made a duplicate of the module and the email template, but neither fixed it.

Thanks.

5 years 8 months ago #24395 by support
Dear Neil,

Can you please submit an email using the Support -> Contact Form and provide Joomla Administrator and FTP access to your site, so we can find out what's causing this issue?

We are very careful, however we do ask you to create a full backup before providing access to your site.

You can provide restricted FTP access to /components/com_contactenhanced/ only.

Best regards,

5 years 8 months ago #24398 by neilw
Thanks for the offer. Finally think I have it. Thought about it overnight and the one variable was the actual Contact (in CE). This morning I created a new CE Contact and assigned that to the form. And now the email comes through with the email image intact. Obviously something wrong in that original CE Contact, but at least it's now solved.

Again, thanks for your patience and assistance. Much appreciated.