Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Menu Item for Displaying Recorded Messages

4 years 11 months ago #25061 by cheshirealan
Hi

I am new to this software today.

I can successfully use the software to do what I need in terms of sending contact messages, etc but.......................

On trying to display recorded messages on front end I get nothing displayed.

How should it work:
- is it the messages that person sent?
- is it messages that person received?
- or both?

If a person has multiple contacts using the same email address in different categories, does this cause an issue?

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #25062 by cheshirealan
Also tried the module to display record messages and that shows nothing

4 years 11 months ago #25063 by cheshirealan
OK, so I have worked out the issue.

My default access level for public use of site is 5 = Guest
Access to messages is set to this value instead of 1 which is Public
If I set all access to 1 on all messages they display.

Second issue is I have a hierarchy of contact categories. If I set the category to the top of the hierarchy then no messages are displayed as it doesnt look at the child categories.

Alan

4 years 10 months ago #25064 by support
Dear Alan,

The Recorded Messages Menu item is used to show the Recorded Messages (Submitted forms) sent from the current logged in user (front-end).

Please read this tutorial:
idealextensions.com/joomla-ext...ems/154-recorded-messages.html

Let us know if you have any further question.

Best regards,

4 years 10 months ago #25065 by cheshirealan
Thanks, I worked that out when I eventually got them to display by changing access levels in the database table.

Remaining Issues

- why is default access level on forms set to the default non logged in access for the site instead of public that seems to be required to display Recorded Messages? BUG?

- Recorded Messages is only of use if all Contacts are in a single category. I need to be able to specify multiple categories or to have option to display from sub categories as well. Can this be added as a new feature please.

-Is there a way of replying to messages via email that gets them recorded?

Regards
Alan

4 years 10 months ago #25066 by support
Dear Alan,

1. I'm not sure what you mean. The Contacts or Forms Access levels has nothing to do with the Recorded Messages access. Recorded Messages are accessible via the front-end only to the user who submitted the message.

2. I have just tested and submitted the forms from different categories and they are visible in the Recorded Messages.

1 & 2. Please make sure the Messages are published. In the Component Options, under the Contact Form tab you can set the Recorded Messages to Save & Publish.

3. Right now there's no option to reply to recorded messages from the front-end. Let me know if you are interested and I can quote this customization for you.

PS: I'll create a new package this week with the latest changes which fixes an issue with the PartialSave feature.

4 years 10 months ago #25067 by cheshirealan
1. Ignore this as I have sorted it by changing the base configuration of my site to use Public as the default Guest access.

2. I can see recorded messages from all categories in the backend BUT in the site the menu item only allows you to display one specific category of recorded messages. I want a single menu item that shows the user all their recorded messages for ALL categories.

3. Yes please for a quote for this feature, although I think it would be a great addition for all users so prefer it goes in as a new feature request.

4 years 10 months ago #25068 by support
1. Actually, Joomla default Access level is supposed to be Public.

2. I could not reproduce this issue. Can you please create a backup and provide administrator access, so I can take a closer look/ You can send the credentials using the Support -> Contact Form.

3. I'll send a quote to your email in a few hours.

Best regards,

4 years 10 months ago #25069 by support
2. In the Menu item, under the Category Tab, please make sure the Selected category is set to None. I'll change the option to ALL for the next version in order to be clearer.

4 years 10 months ago #25070 by cheshirealan
Thanks Douglas
Why didn't I try changing it to None :)
I was too believing that None meant No Categories instead of ALL.

All is well now and the system is live.

Just need number 3 now, preferably as a standard feature. It would make the extension really powerful.

Happy Newby

Alan