Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

CE 3.9.7.1 Contact Enhanced Form module causes restricted access error

4 years 9 months ago #25148 by adiehm
We have a website that uses the Contact Enhanced Form module on the home page.

After upgrading to Ce 3.9.7.1 the website failed with just a "restricted access" error

Disabling the module fixes the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #25149 by support
Dear adiehm,

That's odd. I could not reproduce this error locally.

Does it show any further information if you enable the PHP Error Reporting and System debug in Joomla Global Configuration?

Is there any related entry in the server error log?

Best regards,

4 years 9 months ago #25150 by adiehm
When "Restricted Access" error is returned the Joomla Debug is not displayed :(

jcontroller.log.php shows the following
#
#<?php die('Forbidden.'); ?>
#Date: 2019-07-05 11:48:51 UTC
#Software: Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT

#Fields: datetime priority clientip category message
2019-07-05T11:48:51+00:00 INFO 123.243.189.239 controller Holding edit ID com_templates.edit.style.9 Array ( [0] => 9 )
2019-07-05T11:48:51+00:00 INFO 123.243.189.239 controller Checking edit ID com_templates.edit.style.9: 1 Array ( [0] => 9 )
2019-07-05T11:49:12+00:00 INFO 123.243.189.239 controller Releasing edit ID com_templates.edit.style.9 Array ( )

4 years 9 months ago #25152 by support
The error log provided does not show any Contact Enhanced related errors. ;-(

This error is usually displayed only if I try to load a PHP file, other than index.php, directly from the browser.

The latest CE version has not introduced any changes to Contact Enhanced Form Module.
Do you get the same error when you load the contact from using the Menu item or the link directly? Ex: /index.php?option=com_contactenhanced&view=contact&id=[contact id here]

Which Joomla version are you using?

Best regards,

4 years 9 months ago #25154 by adiehm
I get a different result for a menu item. It seems that Joomla does not load just the CE form loads. I have left the menu item in place with Display in Menu set to No so you can see it using the link below.

www.watchrepairsbrisbane.com.au/index.php/contact-us

Joomla version is 3.9.8 - I have done a re-install of core files
I have re-installed CE 3.0.7.1
I have re-installed the template i am using
I have tried switching the template back to Joomla default - Protostar
None of these actions had any impact

I suspect there's something rather odd going one here

4 years 9 months ago #25155 by support
Greetings,

Can you please provide create a full backup and provide FTP access to /components/com_contactenhanced/?
You can send the credentials to me using the Support » Contact Form.

Best regards,

4 years 9 months ago #25156 by adiehm
Email sent with FTP and Admin login details

4 years 9 months ago #25157 by mickelb
I updated my Joomla 3.9.8 site to CE 3.9.7.1 and it caused the front end contact page to display incorrectly: No Miscellaneous Info Images and not wrapped in the Joomla Template.

I didn't get the restricted access error.

Reverted to previous version until this is sorted.

4 years 9 months ago #25158 by support
@mickelb,
The issue has been fixed. You can install 3.9.7.2 just released.

@adiehm,
I have already fixed it for you, even though I have not updated your CE install. Feel free to update.

I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

4 years 9 months ago #25159 by adiehm
Thankyou Douglas for the quick resolution. impeccable service as always

4 years 9 months ago #25160 by mickelb
Same from me. Many thanks.