Support Forum

Every time that you post a problem, PLEASE add the Joomla and the extension's versions and revisions (for example: Joomla 3.3.6, Contact Enhanced 3.3.5), PHP version and Server's Operating System. If you only manage only one site it is easier if you edit your profile and just add that information to your signature. Don't forget to add a detailed description of the problem. If possible, write down all steps to simulate the problem.

Before submitting a new post, PLEASE make sure you are running the latest version, test in different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome,..) and clear Joomla and browser's cache after every change you make.

Also, most questions are already answered in our FAQ and in iFAQ and Contact Enhanced documentation pages.

× Contact Enhanced is a contact component manager created to replace Joomla! core contacts component and add lots of advantages and new features (see Features ) and it offers many plugins and modules for several different purposes,
Product page | Documentation Page

Is there a way to ban a language

3 years 6 months ago #25664 by blue_Shift
We're getting some russian troll activity and I need to pay some attention to this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #25665 by support
Hi blue_Shift,

There's no way to ban an entire language, but you can ban strings in any language.

Go to Components > Contact Enhanced > Options and under the Security tab you can enter multiple strings (one or more words) separated by a semi-colon in the "Banned Text" field.

Also, I recommend adding the most common Russian domains to "Banned Email", for example

yandex.ru;mail.ru

In order to improve spammer detection, you can enable Honeypot feature.

The Email DNS checker actually checkes whether a domain exists and has an MX or an A DNS record. This is very useful if the spammer domains don't actually exist.

"Time Form Submission" and "Max Number of URLs" might also help you to avoid spammers.

Best regards,

3 years 6 months ago #25666 by blue_Shift
I was in the process of doing those when your reply came through confirming I was on the right track. I also banned a few words, and as well added IP blocks on all of Russia to htacess - though I think my Plesk webhost might have a tool that would do this outside the firewall. In CE I enabled honeypot - do you have the code on that built in to your page, rather than my adding undercover.php?

3 years 6 months ago #25667 by support
Greetings,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by " In CE I enabled honeypot - do you have the code on that built in to your page, rather than my adding undercover.php?"
Which code are you referring to? Honeypot is already part of Contact Enhanced.

For a more complete IP blocking solution and Web Application Firewall (WAF) we recommend installing "Akeeba Admin Tools".

Best regards,

3 years 6 months ago #25668 by blue_Shift
If you register with honeypot, they want to put a patch of code on your website; I assume it's built into CE so I don;t have to worry about it.

I have Admintools Pro as well though I find routine lockouts to be a nuisance. (Makes the site faster, though!)

3 years 6 months ago #25669 by support
Contact Enhanced uses a simple implementation of Honeypot without the need of registering your site for any other service. The only requirement is for your users to have Javascript enabled on their browsers (which is the default setting).